Chapter Fourteen

"No." Harry stands up and grabs his jacket off the counter.

"Please listen to me." I say desperatly.

"No. I have nothing to say to you right now." Harry opens the door.

"Harry listen to me." I grab his hand.

"Why should I? You allowed me to fall inlove with you when you had a BOYFRIEND!" He yellls at me. I ruined it. I let the tears fall. He slams the door behind him as soon as the microwave blings finished. I drop to me kness, covering my face with my hands as I cry. My heart aches.

"It's ok baby." Kayla helps me up and walks me over to the couch.

"He ruins everything." I say. "Dylan is preventing me from falling inlove."

"No, you're preventing it because you're still with him." Kayla rubs my back.

"I hate him!" I yell. "I wish I could have explained myself." I wipe my eyes.

"I know baby. Give it a few days and you can talk to him again." I shake my head.

"It's no use Kayla. Dylan will always be there. He will always be what haunts me."

"Katie you can't give into him."

"I already have! I've given him years of my life which he abused!" I stand up. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. All I know is that my heart hurts.

"You let him!" Kayla yells at me. I can't believe her.

"You were never in my situation! You don't know how hard it is to get away from some one who you think you're inlove with beating you!" I yell back, my voice not coming out very strong.

"You knew from the first time he dug that glass into your leg that he was abusive." She doesn't yell at me, but instead she lets a tear slip down her cheek. No. Don't cry.

"I thought i loved him Kayla! He distracted me from Aaron." I say. My chest tightens at the mention of my first boyfriend who died in a car crash.

"Did he make you feel good?" She asks.

"He did." I'm weak. I will always be weak and defenseless.

"But he isn't good, Katie." Our conversation isn't about Harry anymore. It's about Dylan. It's about me and my life.

"I know he isn't good Kayla and I want to get away from him but I'm scared." She's crying. My tears are stuck in my throat.

"I can't help you if you wont let me." Kayla wipes her wet cheeks.

"I want you to help me. I also want Harry. More then I've ever wanted anybody." He hates me. I feel awful. I'm tired, my eyes hurt and my chest is tight with anxiety. We sit in silence for awhile. I have nothing to say. Kayla wont speak to me. She gets up and grabs the lasagna out of the microwave She tosses it on the counter.

"This is shit." She mumbles She dumps it in the trash and grabs a soda out of the fridge. I hear her footsteps pound down the hall and the bedroom door slam. I swear under my breath. I grab the keys for the rental car off the counter. I step into my vans and head out, closing the door behind me. I don't know where I'm going. I drive until I reach the bar where Kayla and I met Harry and Louis. I sit on the stool in front of the counter and drop my head in my hands.

"What will it be young lady?" The bartender asks me.

"I don't really care. Anything that numbs pain." I look up at the guy. He nods and a few minutes later, he slides the drink to me. I sip it. I let it numb until I can't feel anymore. I don't know how many glasses I have drunk when the bar closes. My eyes are blurry but I don't care. My phone buzzes.

Kayla: Where are you? It's been two hours.

Me: The bar we went 2 on the 1st night...

Kayla: Stay there. I'm on my way.

I rub my eyes.

"So, who are you trying to forget?" The bartender asks me, drapping the dirty towel he uses to wipe up the counter over his shoulder.

"A lot of people." I say. I know my speech is slurred.

"Drinking wont solve the problem sweatheart." I laugh.

"Well it helps for now." He snorts.

"Not going to feel good tomorrow." Damn.

"Well it helps for now." I repeat.

"Some one picking you up?" I nod. Some one drops a glass in the back and the sound sends a searing pain through my head. I groan.

"One too many drinks sweatheart." He laughs.

"Then why'd you give them to me." I say.

"Just doing my job." The little tinkle of the bell interrupts our silence. I look over my shoulder. Kayla.

"Katie...Oh my god." She helps me off the stool and walks outside. I close my eyes when I get in the car. My stomach hurts.

"God I can't believe you." Kayla whispers angrily.

"Stop." I say.

"No! You went out and got drunk!"

"It's not like you haven't!"

"I don't do it to numb my emotions." I don't answer. When we get back, I head to the bathroom and sit by the toliet. nausea overwhelms me. I feel like shit.

"If you need me I'm in our room." Kayla pokes her head in the bathroom. I groan in response.

"Feel better." She leaves, my head pounding. My heart breaking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! Ok so go check this lovley girl out! Harrys_Reject! She's my best friend and a great author!

Love you all!