Chapter Five

Kayla and I arrive ten minutes late to dinner with my family. I quickly scan through the texts Dylan has sent me. My chest tightens. I stuff my phone in my purse and grab a menu off the table.

"What did you guys do today?" My mom asks, sipping her soda.

"We went to the park." I say. My phone buzzes again. I hold up a hand as I unzip my grey purse.

Harry: Hey gorgeous! Would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow?

I smile at the bright screen. I tap my reply before powering down my phone.

Me: Wonderful!! Can Kayla come along? I'm at dinner with my family right now so I have to turn my phone off.

"Who is that sweetie?" My dad leans over Kayla to look at my phone.

"A friend." I say, looking at Kayla. She nods.

"Hows Dylan?" He asks. I bite my lip. I forgot about him.

"Good." I turn away from him and focus on my menu, refusing to answer anymore questions. Our waiter finally comes to place our order. I don't get anything, not hungry.  After my family finishes their dinner, Kayla and I quickly leave.

"Harry wants to go out to dinner tomorrow." I say, turning my phone on. Kayla raises her eyebrows, closing the car door behind her as she slides in. I check my texts. 20 from Dylan. 2 from Harry.

Harry: Louis has something planned for her.

Harry: Meet me at the park around 4:00 tomorrow.

"Louis has something planned for me?" Kayla asks, leaning over my shoulder.

"Sounds like it." My heart flutters at the thought of spending time with Harry.

"Are you going to respond to Dylan?" Kayla turns the radio on as we drive out of the parking lot.

"I'm going to have to." I say. I swallow the tug of anxiety.

"Are you going to tell Harry about him?" Shit.

"Well we aren't serious. We hardley know each other." I glance over my shoulder as I switch lanes.

"Still." I don't respond, leaving the rest of the car ride in silence.

* * * *

The wine glass shatters, spilling its red content on the tile floor. I bite my lip hard enough to taste blood on my tounge. Pain races up my arm as his fingers close around my small bicep. He's yelling at me, but I can't respond. He releases my arm, pushing me. I feel myself loose balance and my feet fly out under me. 

I don't notice the pain searing up and down my back until Dylan stands over me. My vision blurrs. Blood seeps out from my white shirt, tiny shards of glass embelishing themselvs deep in my back. I hear the faint echo of Dylans voice and the wail of sirens before I slip away.

* * * *

I take a deep breath, sitting up. I look over at Kayla, tucked neatly under her covers. I drop my head in my hands. I'm haunted by Dylan even when I sleep. I wipe away the sweat that formed at my hairline. I grab my phone and check the time. 1:47. My phone buzzes, alerting me of an incoming text.

Dylan: Katie

I sigh. I'm never going to get away from him. I click the messsage bar and tap in my response.

Me: I was sleeping. Sorry.

Dylan: I miss you

Me: I'm going back to bed. I'll text you when I wake up...

I feel the slight urge to text Harry. My thumb hovers over his name. My phone buzzes again. Dylan. I don't respond and set my phone back down on the dresser sitting next to my bed. I lay back down carefully, my back aching. I close my eyes, allowing myself to think of my date with Harry tonight. I quickly fall asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five!

Short, yeah but the date with Harry is coming up so that chapter will longer!

Thanks for all the reads!