Chapter Ten

I pull my loose white shirt over my head and tug on a pair of Kayla's black skinny jeans. I lace up my white converse and tie my hair into a braid. I grab the marroon purse sitting on the counter and drap it over my shoulder. I lock the door behind me and quickly head downstairs, excited to see Harry. I check my phone as I push the glass doors open. 6:23. He's picking me up in 7 minutes. I take a deep breath when I see his car turn around the corner. I wave at him, allowing a smile crack through my glossy lips.

"Hey gorgeous." He says, getting out of the car. I pull him into a hug.

"Hey." He squeezes me tightly, letting me go after a few minutes. I smile and look down at my shoes.

"Ready to go?" He holds his hand out and I take it, following him to his car.

"I brought our four albums on CD so we can listen to a few songs if you would like." Harry hands my four CD's. I look at the pictures on the front, starting with the first.

"Aww, you're soo little." I look at the change in Harry's hair, the maturity in his face.

"I know. I was 16 when we first started."

"You were? Wow." I open up the Up All Night album and put the CD in the player.

"I was the youngest." He pushes the track button until he gets to the fourth song. "This one is my favorite." We sit in silence while the song plays. Once it's over, I smile at Harry.

"I love it." We listen to the rest of the album, but More Than This is my favorite. When we reach the mall, Harry helps me out of the car, holding my hand.

"You look beautiful." He laces his fingers in between mine.

"You look handsome." I say. He grins, dimples appearing. We walk through the mall, stopping at stores but not buying anything. Harry stays away from large crowds, not wanting to have to ruin our date. We get ice cream and sit on a bench outside.

"What do you want to do today?" Harry asks.

"I want to go to your studio." I smile and mess with my braid. Harry nods.

"That would be great. And we can get dinner after." Harry takes my hand when I stand up. I grab it, ignoring the sudden urge to tell him about Dylan. When we get to the studio, Harry flicks the lights on and takes me into the sound room where he sings.

"We're going to record some songs." Harry says with a smile on his face. I love to sing.

"That sounds amazing." I say, sitting on the black stool next to Harry.

"Ok, what song do you want to start with?"

"Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran." I say, biting my lip. Harry nods and turns our microphones on. He hands me a pair of earmuffs and I pull them on over my head. I watch Harry start, his eyes closed. I can't help but smile. When it's my turn to sing the refrain, I allow my voice to come out softly, matching the tone of the song. I read the words carefully printed on the paper, feeling excited. After we finish, I laugh, biting my lip.

"You have an amazing voice." Harry presses a button, recording the song. I hear a clap outside the room and I look up, looking out the large glass window separating the two rooms. I man sits in on of the chairs infront of the sound box, clapping his hands. Tattoos run up and down his arms, a middle eastern look about him. His dark hair is in a bun on the back of his head.

"That's Zayn." Harry mutters. He opens the door and allows Zayn in.

"Hi." He says, his voice deep and actually really sexy.

"Hello." i say, feeling my cheeks warm at the thought of him hearing me sing.

"Zayn, this is Katie." Harry stands up and introduces us. I stand up as well,  holding my hand out to Zayn.

"You have a great voice." Zayn shakes my hand. I smile.

"Thank you." I look at Harry. He smiles reassuringly.

"Harry is she your girlfriend or what?" Zayn asks.

"Um...no we're just on a date." He says. My heart beat quickens. Zayn laughs.

"I'll leave you guys to your singing." Zayn waves at us as he walks out. I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." Harry says.

"It's fine. I'd love to sing a few more songs, actually." I say.

* * * *

"Thank you for an amazing night." I say, holding both of Harry's hands. After we sang a few more songs, we had dinner and he drove me back to my hotel.

"My pleasure." He lets go of my hands so I can swipe the key in the door handle. I prop the door open with my foot. Harry cups my face in his hands and leans down, pressing his lips gently on my own. I kiss him back, frimly. He pulls me close to him, my foot slipping from the door. When he lets me go, I kiss his cheek and re-unlcock the door sliding into my room. I lean up against the door, my eys closed. I hear his footsteps fade down the hall.

My phone blings, distracting me from Harry.

Kayla: Spending the night at Louis house. Love you.

I walk into the bathroom and peel my clothes off, stepping into the shower. I allow my mind to drift away from the anxiety of Dylan and to the refreshing thoughts of Harry. I'm happy for once in a very long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the reads! They really do mean so much to me! I love you all!