Chapter Nineteen

I hand the flight attendent my ID. She types something into the computer and I drop my suitcase on the scale. I watch the numbers go up until they reach 42lbs. The lady carries it over to the leather belt that carries them to the plane. She prints out my yellow ticket and hands it to me. I smile at her and pull my carry-on bag over my shoulder. I glance back at Kayla and stand next to my mom.

 "It should be good to see Dylan." She wraps her arm over my shoulder. I shudder. 

"I guess." Kayla walks over and we leave, heading to the security check. I watch people go through, taking their shoes off and dumping them into the grey bucket with the rest of their things. I stand behind my dad, hearing him breath heavily. I look down at the entry, hoping Harry will walk in any second. 

It's my turn to go through security. I slip my sandals off and set them down. I pull my sweatshirt over my head and fold it neatly, wasting time. The lady glares at me as I drop my phone on top.

"Hurry, ma'am." She says, her voice sharp. I smile.

"Sorry." I take one last glance to see if Harry is there. I know I just said good bye to him but it wasn't long. I step into the metal detector and quickly step out once it's done. I wait for Kayla.

"I miss Louis." She mutters in my ear, walking next to me.

"Yeah." We take our seats in front of the window that leads out to the run way where the plane lands.I pull out my phone. I scroll through a bunch of texts from Dylan. I don't bother responding, so I call him instead. 

"Hello." I say as I hear him grunt into the phone. "We're waiting for the plane." I look down at my hands.

"Good." I hear a russle of sheets. 

"Well, see you when I get home." I hang up, feeling a slightly satisfied because the next time I see him, we're over. People start trailing out of the hallway, rolling suitcases behind them.

A bell dings and it's our turn to board the plane. I look down at my ticket to see where I sit. 4b. I slide into my seat and stare out the window, holding onto the hope that I'll see Harry again. Even though Kayla and I plan to mave back here in the summer after we finish school, I'll miss him so much. 

Kayla slides in next to me. She messes with the promise ring Louis gave her. It's a silver band with the word promise carved into it carefully. 

"I just want to get home and get this over with." I say. 

"Yeah. You can come live with me once you tell him." I nod. The flight attendent announces that we are leaving and we buckle oursleves in. I put my phone away until she tells us we can use them. I watch as the ground gtets visibly smaller as we fly higher. Once we level out, I can use my phone.

Dylan: I'll be at the airport to pick you up. 

Me: I have something to tell you. 

I text Harry and let him know that our plane is up. He doesn't respond so I put my phone away and allow myself to sleep.

* * * * 

Kayla nudges my shoulder when we land. My stomach twists in knots. I'll be seeing Dylan. He'll kill me. I grab my carry on and follow her out of the plane. I walk slowly, stalling time. We head downstairs and I see the back of Dylans head. My palms grow clammy and I feel dizzy. I look at Kayla. She shrugs and we walk to the baggage claim.

I chew on my lip, waiting for the belt to start and I hear my name. I look up, Dylan is running towards me. I step back as he engulfs me in a hug, his hands digging into my back. I pull away.

"Hey!" He says a little too excitedly. He's trying to put on a show. The belt starts and I see my suitcase. I wave good bye to Kayla and follow Dylan out to the car.

"You're in a world of hurt, princess." Dylan growls, dumping my luggage in the trunk. I get in the passenger seat. 

"Dylan, we need to talk." I say as we pull out of the parking lot. He looks over at me, his usual glare smeared on his face.

"About?" He looks back at the road. I sigh, taking a large breath. I run my hands over my leggings and look over at him. 

"Us" I say. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19! Sorry its so short but I'm trying to fill things in! I hope you guys enjoy it!