Chapter Four

My headache is what wakes me up. I rub my temples with my index fingers. I yawn and push myself up. I cross my legs and I press my elbows on my knees. I drop my head in my hands and sigh. I hear Kayla moan in her bed next to me. I look over at her. She throws an arm over her eyes. 

"God hangovers are horrible." She mumbles. I snort. My phone buzzes loudly on the dresser next to my bed. I lean back and grab it, my back objects in pain. I tap in my password and look at my texts.

480-673-0274: Hey this is Harry from the bar last night. Just checking to see if you go home ok.

I smile. 

Me: Hey Harry. I did get home ok. Thank you for checking. 

I drop my phone back on the dresser and swing my legs out of bed. I hear Kayla push the covers back over her head. I walk silently to the bathroom to take a shower. I grab a plush white towel off the towel bar and drop it on the floor. I peel my pajamas off and step into the shower, closing the foggy glass doors. 

I turn the water on, the hot water running down my body. It stings my cuts, making it feel better. The last time I was in a shower, Dylan was with me. Anxiety. I open my eyes. I take deep breaths. Dylan isn't with me. He can't hurt me.... 

Tears sting behind my eyelids. I allow them to fall, mixing with the steaming hot water that falls on my face. I'm going to be held hostage with Dylan for the rest of my life. I run my hands underneath my eyelids and sniff back the next wave of tears threatening me. 

"Katie!" I hear Kayla call, her voice muffled behind the door. "You got a text from.....480-673-0274 and he said he would like to meet up with us today." My heart beat quickens, but in a good way.

"Text him back and tell him that sounds good. Put him in as a contact. His name is Harry." I call back, scrubbing the lavender soap out of my hair. I turn the water off and push the doors back. I grab the towel off the floor and wrap it around my body. I tie my hair up into a braid and pull on leggings and a sweatshirt. 

"Harry said that Louis will be coming along." Kayla says, a smile playing on her face. I smirk at her and pull on my black vans.

"What time are we meeting them?" I ask. 

"10:00 and the park down the street." Kayla pushes her hair up in a messy bun and pulls on leggings and a tan sweater, an aztec scarf wrapped around her neck. 

"Well we better get going." I grab my phone and stuff it in my front packet. I grab the rental car keys off the floor and we head outside. 

* * * * 

I spot Louis before I see Harry. We walk over to him.

"Hi!" Kayla says, pulling a smile on her face. I look over his shoulder, looking for Harry. 

"He's behind you." Louis says. I turn around, emerald eyes staring down at me. 

"You look fabulous." Harry says. I smile.

"You as well." I say, scanning his outfit. Black skinny jeans, and a flannel. 

"Would you like to go sit down?" Harry points to the wooden bench underneath a large tree. I follow Harry to the secluded bench and sit down next to him.

"So, tell me about yourself." Hary smiles and crosses his legs, linking his hands togetheer.

"Ummm...I love acting...I really want to be an actress. My friend Kayla has been my friend since birth. I love the color purple..." I trail off hoping he doesn't ask me anymore questions.

"You seem like a mystery....Well I love to sing and red is my absolute favorite color." I smile. His steady voice brings me a sense of calm. We talk for quite some time, getting to know each other. Once it's time for us to leave, I stand up, looking up at Harry.

"Well, I'd love to see you more often during your stay." He rests his hand on the small of my back.

"I would enjoy that." I say. Harry bends down and wraps his arms around my wasit, pulling me close to him. I stand on tip toe and wrap my arms around his neck, shocked by the gentle affection. I pull away after a few seconds.

"Bye Katie." Harry waves at me as I slide into my car, Kayla in the passenger seat. I feel the familiar tug of anxiety as soon as my phone blings, distracting me from Harry. I ignore the text and pull out, heading back to our hotel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4! Thank you so much for all the reads! I appreciate it!