Chapter Twenty-One

I sit on Kayla's leather couch, my feet tucked underneath me and the laptop on my lap. I scroll through flights back to England. My phone sits next to me, the screen still black. I find tickets that leave June 15th. I smile. Perfect. Kayla went to the store so I place a hold on the tickets until she gets back so I can show them to her. 

Dylan has texted me three times in the twenty minutes that I have been away. I don't answer. I can't. I open up my phone so I can block him. I tap the block button. His text messages immediatly erase from my phone and I feel a small sense of relief. I turn on the television with the remote sitting next to me.

I hear the garage door squeal as it goes up and I know Kayla is home. I set the laptop down and run to help her with the grocerys. I open the white door, stepping out into the garage with my bare feet. Kayla pops the trunk open, smiling at me as I walk up to her.

"Hey." I say, grabbing a bag.

"Louis called while I was at the store." Kayla grins and looks down at her promise ring.

"Oh yeah? What did he say?" We walk inside, dumping the bags on the counter.

"He and Harry are really excited for summer. And they'll try to come to our graduation." I smiles, covering my mouth with my hands.

"Really?" I feel chills run up my spine. Kayla nods.

"Well, we have to find tickets." She moves over to the laptop, picking it up.

"I already found some." I run my fingers over the mouse, waking the computer up.

"They leave June 15th." I say, clicking on them.

"Ok, sounds good." Kayla presses the button that says buy and she dials Louis.

"I'll tell him." The phone starts to ring and she walks out of the room. I grab my phone, looking through contacts until I find Harry's number.

"Hello?" I hear his soft voice echo in my ears and I feel excitment run through my body.

"Hi." I say, allowing a smile to break through my body.

"Katie? H! I've missed you!" He says, his voice sounding brighter.

"I've missed you too." I say, sitting on the couch.

"How are you? How is everything?"

"Good. I broke up with Dylan. It was hard but I did it." I say, thinking if what happened. Harry sighs.

"Great. I'm glad you're ok. Your happiness is the onky thing that matters to me." My heart melts.

"Harry." I whisper, feeling tears sting my eyes. I can't cry. I can't.

"It'll be ok." I wish I was with him. I could hug him and feel safe. "When are you moving?"

"June 15th." I answer quickly.

"Ok. I can't wait to see you." I nod.

"Same." I hear Harry shift.

"I have to  go. I'll call you when I get home. Album rehearsal." I nod and I hesitate to hang up.

"I love you." He whispers. I feel my heart flutter and all of a sudden I'm saying it back.

"I love you too." I smile. I love him. He hangs up. I forget about Dylan. I forget about my past. How her hurt me and how he still will. But I'll be ok.

I hear Kayla's footsteps pound down the stairs and I look up at her.

"Louis said that date would work."

"I told Harry." I say. Kayla smiles.

"How is he?" She asks, sitting next to me.

"Good. I'm dying to see him."

"I'm dying to see Louis. God. If June 15th tomorrow." She sighs.

"I know." I look over at the television.

"I'm going to get dressed." I run down the hall, pushing my door open, and on the pillow case is a red rose with a card attatched to it. My blood turns to ice and I look up at my window, the curtains blowing. It's open. I touch the card gingerly, opening it.

        Dylan Was Here

Is printed in tiny letters in the middle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay chapter 21! So sorry if the chapters are getting shorter and not as good. The next chapter will be better! It's almost done! Ahhh!

xoxox all the love