Chapter Thirteen

When I wake up, I don't remember where I am. It takes me a few seconds to remember that I slept over at Harry's. I climb out of bed and open the door. I tip toe downstairs, not knowing if he's awake. I turn the corner and see him standing in the kitchen on his phone. 

"Good morning." I say, stepping off the last step. He looks up at me, a grin on his face.

"Morning beautiful, how'd you sleep?" He walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. I yawn.

"Good. what about you?" I step away from him and cover my mouth as another yawn hits me.

"Good. Would you like to gp somewhere for breakfast? I can make you something if you want." I smile and walk around Harry, feeling his eyes on me.

"You can make me something if you want." I push myself up on the stool in front of the marble counter. Harry claps his hands together and starts cooking I watch him while he talks, telling me about the fifth album and working with the boys. I notice his strange jawline, the tatoos carefully inked into his skin. I watch his fingers, the muscles in his arms. I could get use to this. My phone buzzes next to me. I answer it. 

Dylan: Good morning. 

Me: Hi

I take a deep breath, pushing back the anxiety crawling up my chest. I have to tell Harry sooner rather then later. Harry plops a plate of waffles in front of me and smiles.

"How'd you know I like waffles?" I ask as Harry sits next to me with his own plate.

"Kayla told me." He says, pouring maple syrup on his waffles. I laugh. We eat our breakfast quickly. I tell Harry that I'm leaving soon. He nods but doesn't say anything.

"But Kayla and I are planning to move here in the summer." No we aren't. I dont know where that came from. 

"Oh really? I'll miss you." Harry says. I grab his hand because I don't know what else to do. HE squeezes it. I grab the plates and dumo them in the sink. 

"I should get going." Harry nods. He drives me to the hotel. I hug him, not wanting to let go. My hotel door opens, and I step away from him.

"Katie!" Kayla squeals, bumping into me. 

"What?" I ask. She looks at what I'm wearing.

"I'm just surprised to see you back so early." I nod and give Harry a kiss on the cheek. I close the door behind me and follow Kayla inside. 

"Louis was over, sorry for the mess. So, did you  tell him?" 

"I was planning in telling him tonight because hes coming over for dinner." I pull on leggings, not bothering to take the flannel off.

"Ok." My phone buzzes.

Dylan: Hi hi hi hi. I miss you.

I shake my head. 

"I'm nervous to tell him." I bite my lip.

"Well, you should be." 

"Thanks." I say sarcastically.

* * * * 

When its 8:00, Harry arrives. I haven't changed, not caring what I'm wearing. I put the microwavable lasagna in the microwave.

"Sorry it isn't fancy." I say. 

"I don't care, as long as I'm with you." My heart melts. 

"So, um there is something I have to tell you. It's um very important um." I clear my throat and push my bangs out of my face. Kayla walks into the room.

"Is it ok if I stay in here?" She asks. I nod. I look back at Harry. 

"What is it?" He holds my hands.

"God this is so hard." My stomach twists in knots. 

"Well, back in America...um...god...um I have a um...a boyfriend." Tears hit me as soon as the words come out. Harry drops his hands immediatly. His jaw tightens and tension fills the room. The lump in my throat gets bigger each time I try to swallow the wave of tears. The look on his face breaks my heart.

"What?" He asks, his voice coming out in a whisper.

"She has a boyfriend." Kayla says.

"Shut up." I glare at her. "I can explain." I say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------