Chapter Two

I've never believed in self-pity until now. I hold my head in my hands in my airplane seat, my mascara staining my cheeks from a few tears I let slip out. I've never been in a position where I feel bad for myself. But as I sit here, I can't let go of the anxiety that crawls up my stomach with every breath I take. My back stings but I push back the anger and pain I feel for Dylan.

I wipe my hand underneath my eyelid in attempt to get rid of the stains of mascara. I sniff loudly and throw my head back, resting it on the head rest on the back of my blue microfiber seat.

My friend Kayla plops down next to me, she's the only non-family member that's allowed on this trip. I smile at her as she stuffs her carry-on bag under the seat in front if her.

"Hey." I say. She sighs and looks over at me.

"I'm so glad we're going on this trip....it was looong needed." I nod and roll my head to the left so I can look out the small window as the plane takes off the ground. My phone buzzes. I bend down to grab it, quickly checking who I received a text from. Dylan. My stomach drops. I feel the panic crawl up my chest.

Dylan: let me know when you land.

I don't reply, I don't want to reply. Instead, I power my phone down and stuff it back in my bag.

"I agree." I say in response to her comment.

"Are you and Dylan ok? I know he's really possessive over you but...are you holding up?" Kayla grabs my hand. I nod, pushing back the tears that threaten my eyes.

"We're ok." I bite the inside of my cheek to stop the tears.

"Promise?" Kayla squeezes my hand tighter. The tears sting.

"No." I mumble. I use my free hand to wipe away the tear rolling down my cheek.

"Did you break up?" I hear the sympathy in her voice, pushing back the want to tell her, I don't want sympathy.

"No." I let go of her hand, the wall blocking me from telling my best friend my deepest secret.

"Katie tell me what's wrong." The sympathy turned to demanding.

"He's abusive and I've been in the hospital twice." It comes out before I can stop it. I hear her gasp and my world goes still, despite the rapid movement of the plane, the chattering of 100 other passengers.

"Katie....what do you mean?" She lets go of my hand.

"I'll show you my back when we get to our hotel. But the first time he made me over-dose." I feel anxiety grab at my heart, my lungs.

"Oh my god that bastard! Are you gunna break up with him?" I shake my head. I'm trapped in Dylan's embrace until the day I die. 

"Kayla, I can deal with it." I try to swallow the lump thats formed in my throat. 

"No, no you can't" She says softly. I shake my head and rest my forehead on my arm, closing my eyes to sleep. 

* * * *

YAY! CHAPTER 2!! 

Comment if you want! I hope my readers are enjoying this!