Chapter Twenty-Three

I braid my hair, letting it fall over my shoulder. I washed the make up off and I put on my pajamas. Kayla is still in her dress. She's planning on going out to dinner with her friends. I didn't want to go, even though they invited me. I pull Kayla into a hug as she gets ready to leave.

"Be back by 12:00." I joke. She nods. 

"Sure." 

"Ok, well have a good time!" I smile and she heads out the door, locking it behind her. I peek out the window as she leaves. I see the wite van parked near our house. My palms get clammy. I walk quietly to the living room and turn on the television. I'm paranoid. Every time I hear a noise, I toss my head over my shoulder and glance around. 

I hold my phone in my hand. I would text Harry but he's asleep. I hear something in the room I used to sleep in. 

"Katie?" Dylans rough voice echos through the house and I almost puke.

"The window was open." I stand up. I'm shaking. He walks into the room.

"God can't you leave me alone?" I whimper. He shakes his head.

"Why would I do that, love?" I lean against the counter.

"Dylan, go away, please." I mutter. Dylan shakes his head.

"I can call the police." I hold up my phone and threaten him. Dylan laughs.

"You wouldn't so that. You don't want to deal with the legal stuff about abuse." He smirks. He reaches for me, his hand connecting with my face. I feel a sting spread across my body. I let out a squeal. Dylan grabs my arms and pulls me up to him, pressing my chest up against his tiightly. I shake my head, tears falling.

"Please." I say. Dylan pushes me against the tiled floor and my head smakes against the hard ground. I cover my face with my hands. 

"You will never get away from me. You know that." 

"Dylan please stop." I whine, wiping the tears off my face. I push myself, ignoring the pain in my head.

"For now. But this isn't the end." He pushes me again and disappears the same way where he came. I fall to the floor, tucking my legs under me and dropping my face in my hands. I allow myself to cry. I hear the garage door squeal open and I stand up. 

Kayla walks in quickly. I look at the clock. It's 10:30. I frown.

"You just left." I say, trying to act casual.

"Harry saud he wanted me to check up on you cuzyou weren't answering your phone calls or texts." Kayla looks at the red mark on my face.

"Whats that?" I shake my head.

"I'm fine." I say angrily. Kayla grabs my hand.

"What is that?" She turns to look at my cheek. 

"Nothing." I lie. Kayla rolls her eyes.

"Tell me." She looks down at her phone and I see her dial Louis.

"He broke in. Well the window was open and he climbed through." I mutter. 

"Hello?" Kayla says into her phone. "What?" She says to me. And then I hear Louis voice on the other end. 

"Yeah well apparently Dylan broke in." Kayla looks over at me. She opens the freezer and grabs an ice pack and holds it to my face.

"I don't know I was gone." She says. "Ok. Love you too." She hangs up.

"We need to get out of here. But for now, you're saying with me." 

"He can hurt you too." I protest. 

"Katie, you're my best friend." She pulls me into a hug. 

"Thanks." I whisper. I feel a heavy weight in my chest and I sigh. 

"We'll be ok." Kayla smiles. I nod. I just want to be with Harry. I let go of Kayla and hold the ice to my face. I plug my earbuds in and run upstairs to my room, locking myself away. I stare at my wall until sleep consumes me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok! I hope you enjoy! Only a few more chapters left! Thanks for the reads! 

xoxoxo all the love