7. Landlord

How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?

"Aaban," Parvez called. Aaban turned his head to the source of the voice.

"Senior..." He said with a smile that stopped short on his face when he saw the man who accompanied Parvez.

The man had a domineering presence that was hard to ignore. Even though Aaban hadn't met him for a few years, he recognized him immediately.

It was... Taahir Rahman .

Trailing behind him was his assistant, Nadir Sheikh whom he just met a few days ago.

Taahir gave the gangly teen a once-over. He felt the teen look fairly familiar. Their path only crossed once, which was during his wedding to Tahera.

Aaban had grown in the past few years so it was natural Taahir couldn't identify him instantly. Nadir, however, recognized him with just one glance.

Aaban approached Aaban, laughing as he said, "Your timing is as impeccable as always."

Aaban ignored Taahir and focused on Parevez. "Senior, thank you so much for your help. I couldn't find anything better out there so I have to borrow from your private library."

Parvez replied, "I would have lent you some sooner if you'd just asked, but I have to say, I don't think you'll be needing these reading materials any time soon."

The books were indeed far too advanced for Aaban's current level. Aaban knew he had to come clean so he said, "It's not for me but my friend. She's so good that she has no eyes for anything less than the best."

A shocked Parvez replied, "Who is this friend of yours? Is it the same person who wrote the mini-game?"

"Yes, that's the one..."

"Who is this person? You have to introduce her to me one day," Parvez said. He was interested in this friend's mysterious identity.

Aaban nodded and said, "She's a bit caught up with life at the moment. I'll be sure to make the introduction when the opportunity presents itself."

"Alright, I'll hold you to your promise. Here's the books you wanted. Return them to me when she's done with them," Parvez said as he passed the bag he held in his hand to Aaban.

"Thank you, senior. I'll be leaving now..." Aaban accepted the bag and left in a hurry.

"Aaban, wait..." Parvez called after him but he was already gone. Parvez wanted to introduce him to Taahir.

Parvez said rather indignantly, "Youngsters these days are always rushing somewhere. Can't he recognize the famous CEO, Taahir?"

Taahir asked insouciantly, "Who is that guy?"

"That's my junior from school, a good person and is quite a talent. I intend to let him join our company because I can see he'll be a valuable asset after some training."

"He looks awfully familiar."

Nadir took the break in their conversation to cough lightly and whisper to Taahir, "CEO, that's Aaban Hussain."

"Aaban Hussain?" Taahir mulled over the name that he heard once before.

"He's Miss Tahera's cousin."

Everything clicked instantly. It was truly an incredible coincidence.

Parvez overheard their conversation so he asked, "Who's Miss Tahera? And how do you know Aaban?"