12. Now We're Even

Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do
Look what you just made me-
Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do

Taahir couldn't understand what had instigated this sudden change.

Regardless, it meant that he held her in a different light and treated her differently than before.

"This is what you're supposed to take from our divorce. I've personally brought it to you because I believe that is the respect you deserve. Please accept it." Taahir took out a cheque and handed it to her respectfully. There was not a shred of condescension in his action.

Tahera though didn't even look at the proffered cheque when she replied, "Thank you but I don't need it."

Taahir said with a raised brow, "Whether you need it or not is your business but whether to present it to you or not is mine. I owe you this much. Take it or we'll never be even."

In other words, he would keep harassing her if she didn't accept. The old Tahera wouldn't stand for it much less the new Tahera.

To his satisfaction, Tahera accepted his cheque. Before he could offer her a smile, Tahera tore the cheque into pieces!

Everyone was shocked. It was a cheque for one hundred million! She tore it up without batting an eye!

Even Rosa felt sorry for the money. The dumb Tahera sacrificed her uncle's life for the sake of her pride; how foolish!

Tahera tossed the shredded pieces into a nearby dustbin.

"Now, we're even." Tahera said unhurriedly.

There were storms gathering in Taahir's eyes but his expression remained measured. To be honest, he was rather inflamed by Tahera's actions. His good upbringing prevented him from bursting out.

"Fine." He left the scene after leaving behind the single word.

Rosa and Nadir rushed to follow. Rosa was over the moon noticing Taahir's forceful, retreating steps. Tahera's insensibilities had done her in this time. She had truly angered Taahir.

Tahera was as dumb as she was before, so easily angered with a few play-acted words. That was how she chased Tahera away in the first place. She said a few words or did a few things here and there, and the stupid Tahera would obediently be led into her traps.

Even though Rosa felt from the bottom of her heart that the Rahman Family wasn't worth her time or attention, she couldn't let them go so easily especially after the dressing down Aaban had given her. It was her payback time!

After Taahir entered the elevator, she remained outside of it. She said, "Taahir, can you wait for me at the lobby? I don't have the heart to leave Tahera helpless like that, I'll be back in a bit."

Before Taahir could reply, she turned and took the way back. It sounded like she was bothered by her conscience. She was definitely bothered, but it wasn't by her conscience.

When they spotted Rosa's return, both Tahera and Aaban frowned unhappily. Wasn't their business finished, why did she return?

"Tahera, this is for you," Rosa said patronizingly as she shoved a credit card into Tahera's hands, "The password is tacked onto the back of the card. There's 500000 BDT inside it. Consider it my kindness to you. I know you don't want my money but can you afford to reject it? Just take a look at yourself."

"I don't think even Tahseen wants to admit you're his mother. Don't talk to me about pride, the thing you need the most now is money, so take my money and shut the f*ck up! This is the last time Taahir and I will ever come to see you, you don't deserve anything more than that. And by the way, I'm going to marry Taahir soon, don't you worry, I will take especially good care of that son of yours." After saying her piece, Rosa turned to leave.