11. Charity

I knew you were
You were gonna come to me
And here you are
But you better choose carefully
'Cause I'm capable of anything
Of anything and everything
So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know
whatcha falling for
Baby do you dare to do this
'Cause I'm coming atcha like a dark horse

Depending on the situation, Rosa herself might even be willing to give Tahera some money.

The thought that she might be able to see Tahera begging her for her charity buoyed her spirit on their way to the hospital.

It didn't take long for them to reach the hospital. Using his connections, Taahir quickly found out which room Rahim was in.

While they rushed to meet Tahera, Rahim was in preparation to enter surgery. His body was sprayed with disinfectant, and the smell lingered in the room.

Tahera was averse to the smell so she left to sit at the corridor outside his room. She started saying Duas and praying for a successful operation. The doctor promised them an 80 percent success rate but she couldn't help but worry.

"Sis, how are you holding up?" a concerned Aaban followed her out to enquire.

Tahera took a catnap that only lasted for a few hours; he was afraid she didn't have enough rest.

She shook her head and said, "I'm fine, go be with uncle."

"It's okay, dad just went back to sleep." Aaban heard the sound of rushing footsteps. He turned towards it and saw Taahir's party. His expression turned serious.

Tahera followed his vision and with her first glance, she saw Taahir! Then, she noticed Rosa who trailed behind him. Tahera felt her mind went blank for a moment.

However, she quickly regained herself. She maintained an inscrutable expression throughout. While the two of them were looking the approaching party up and down, Taahir's group was doing the exact same.

Rosa especially had her eyes set on Tahera, she refused to let any of her motions, no matter how small, escape her sight.

To her surprise and disappointment, Tahera was as still as a statue. She looked at them as if they were a bunch of strangers.

Gone were the avoidance, self-disgust and embarrassment that colored her expression last time. There was no concern in her eyes, like they were looking past them because they weren't worth nothing in her mind.

Not only Rosa felt this change in her behavior, Taahir sensed it as well. He stopped before her and asked in a gruff voice, "I heard your uncle is sick."

This was their first official exchange since their divorce three years ago, discounting their little episode last time since that could barely be considered as a mutual exchange of words.

Tahera didn't seem like she was going to answer. She looked at them serenely, totally at ease with the world.

Nadir moved forward to explain, "Ms. Tahera, nice to meet you again. CEO heard from your neighbor that Mr. Rahim Hussain had fallen ill so we're here to pay him a visit."

Aaban answered with a sneer, "Since when did our families become so close to each other? My sister no longer has anything to do with your boss much less the rest of our Hussain Family. So, Mr. Rahman, please return. My father doesn't accept visitation from strangers."

Aaban's lack of respect irked Rosa. Since Taahir didn't look like he was going to say anything, she felt like it was her place to defend him.

She frowned as she stared as Tahera. "Tahera, no matter what, you're still Tahseen's mom, we can't just cut you off. For Tahseen's sake, we're extending you our help because we're afraid you might need money for your uncle's medical bills. That's why Taahir and I are here."