56. Kidnapping

All for you, yeah, all for you
I've been running through the jungle
I've been crying with the wolves
To get to you, to get to you
(oh to get to you)

The sun had set when Tahera left the hospital.

Aaban was beside her, reminiscing about everything that had happened that day. His sister not only completed the artificial human limb, but also exposed Afra, face-slapped her to hell and back, and even gained the Rahman family's admiration and trust...

The family that once looked down on her finally approved and accepted her. So much so that they wanted her to remarry Taahir.

Who could have known so many things would happen in a day? Aaban was still having trouble wrapping his head around it.

"Sis, I still can't believe what happened today. You're too impressive!" Aaban commented as he drove them home, "You've even managed to bring the entire Rahman Family to their knees with your capability."

The more he thought about it, the happier he became.

"Now that they finally know what you're capable of, let's see who dares to look down on you now! Sis, you'd better not simply agree to take back that Taahir. They have to show more sincerity before you can even consider that option."

"I will not remarry," Tahera answered softly.

Aaban was slightly startled before nodding in agreement. "It's good that you don't remarry. Go find someone better, better than that Taahir!"

"I will not marry either."

"What?" Aaban turned to look at her in shock. "Sis, how can you not marry? Sis, you need love in your life, I couldn't bear to see you ending up all alone."

"Aaban, follow me overseas," Tahera said out of nowhere.

"Overseas, why?" Aaban bwas caught by surprise.

"I wish to spend a few years overseas to see the world. Will you like to come with me? Of course, we'll bring uncle along," Tahera explained while staring at him seriously.

"But why overseas?" Aaban bdidn't quite get it.

"To get away from here." Aaban filled in the blanks himself.

His sister had suffered a lot here. She'd survived murder attempts, multiple other grievances, and it was where her father had died. The only reason she stayed was to fight for Tahseen.

Now that she accomplished that, it was not so surprising to find out she wanted to start anew with a change of scenery. The place probably reminded her too much of her sad past.

"Sis, you serious about this?" Aaban asked to confirm.

Tahera nodded, "Yes, after taking Tahseen, I will fly overseas. I've made up my mind."

"Okay, we'll definitely follow you!" Aaban accepted the offer without hesitation or any other questions.

Tahera was touched. "Thank you."

Aaban frowned unhappily. "Sis, we're family, what are you thanking me for? Makes me feel like a stranger all of a sudden."

Tahera finally smiled. "You're right, we're a family. In fact, I feel very fortunate to have you and uncle as my family."

Alas, she was unable to accompany them for long. If possible, she wanted to spend the rest of her life around her family, but... fate had decided otherwise.

With the decision made, Tahera started preparing the moment she reached home.

The company would be left for Murad to manage. She would not intervene no matter the direction he wanted the company to advance in.