43. Grand Expose

Little do you know
How I'm breakin' while
you fall asleep
Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories
Little do you know
I'm tryin' to pick myself up
piece by piece
Little do you know
I have not much time

After Tahera moved into her new home, she immediately informed Rahman Family that she would be visiting the day after.

Mrs. Haseena heard the message from the butler and was shocked. "Tahera is coming over tomorrow?"

Rosa was by her side. Ever since her engagement to Taahir, she was a guest at the house almost daily.

"What did she say she will be here for?" Rosa asked innocently.

The butler answered politely, "She said it's to pay Young Master a visit."

"She ignored him for so many years so why did she choose to come back now?" Haseena said with a sneer, "Most likely she couldn't survive on her own out there and is trying to find a way to get close to my Taahir."

In Haseena's eyes, other than Rosa, all the women that approached Taahir were for their own benefits.

"Tahera's not someone like that..." Rosa explained kindly, "Things might not be looking up for her now but I hear she's getting her share of the Rahman Family's estate soon."

The fact that Selim and his crew failed to kill Tahera, and lost the Hacker Competition was open news. However, the knowledge that Tahera was the creator behind X PC Manager was not known to the public. Even Rosa was unaware of that.

"Those estates are nothing," Haseena said haughtily, "The greedy woman must be on the lookout for more."

"Should we tell Taahir about this?" Rosa finally got to the question that she wanted to ask.

Haseena rejected the idea outright, "Of course not. We mustn't let the both of them meet. We must keep Tahseen away from the woman as well. I'll personally see her tomorrow, to let her know that she is not welcomed here!"

Rosa smiled and nodded. To play the part of a daughter-in-law right, she could only smile and nod no matter what her future mother-in-law did or say. But on this issue, of course, she agreed completely with Mrs. Haseena!

She also wanted to meet the b*tch, Tahera, tomorrow. She felt something had changed within Tahera. She couldn't pinpoint it but recently, she felt inexplicably threatened by Tahera. Therefore, she must stamp out the embers before it burst into flames.

***

The next morning, Haseena and Rosa were all dressed up waiting for Tahera's arrival. The both of them decided to use their elegance, affluence and nobility to suppress Tahera.

However, there was no trace of Tahera all day long. The both of them waited until the sun had almost set but she was still nowhere to be seen!

Haseena was fit to be tied. "Is this Tahera playing me for a fool? I've waited the whole day for her to make her appearance but she decided to pull a no-show‽"

Haseena had spent her whole life being flattered and fawned upon. This was her first time waiting for others and not only that, for a whole damn day! She was ready to blow her top off.

Rosa too was nurturing a ball of fire inside her. She was all psyched up to have a showdown with Tahera, but the b*tch had the audacity to stand her up‽ However, she couldn't show the anger on her face.

"Auntie, I bet she is too afraid to come," Rosa suggested.

Haseena scoffed, "If that's case, at least the girl still knows her place! This is not some location she can just waltz into!"