53. Artificial Limb

'Cause I'm just a girl,
I'd rather not be
'Cause they won't let me
drive late at night
Oh, I'm just a girl, guess
I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare
with their eyes
Oh, I'm just a girl,
take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype

This Chapter is dedicated to: priieuphoria Thank you very much for staying with our stories and inspiring me to continue. ♥️

No one had seen Grandfather so happy before. One could hear his happy guffaws throughout the day. Everyone lined up to shower Afra with praises, to get in her good books...

There was only one exception. Taahir stood outside the conference room door, picked up his phone to call Tahera.

"Where are you?" he asked.

Tahera held the phone to her ear but her focus was completely on monitoring the technicians' movement. "Finishing up the product at the lab."

"Afra is already here with hers, the surgery will be starting soon."

There was a slight pause in Tahera's response, but nothing beyond that. She enquired, "When exactly is the surgery time?"

"1 pm."

It was slightly past 12 pm so there was still time.

Tahera replied softly, "Thank you, I will be there before 1 pm."

"Okay, call me if you need any help."

"Thank you."

Both hung up at the same time. The moment Taahir turned around, he saw Rosa who was exiting the room.

"Taahir, who were you on the phone to? Was it Tahera?" Rosa asked as she narrowed her eyes at him.

Taahir's expression was unreadable. He had no interest of starting any conversation with Rosa.

When he made to leave, Rosa moved to block his way. "Taahir, Afra has already succeeded so why are you still banking on Tahera? She has already lost!"

Taahir frowned slightly. "What is your problem?"

Rosa added sullenly, "I just want to remind you of your promise to Old Madame..."

The one where if Tahera failed, he was not to have any relationship with her anymore.

Taahir chuckled. "What about the promise?"

Rosa furrowed her brows. "What do you mean what about the promise? You can't go back on your words and stay with that woman after she fails. And on that matter, why are you so obsessed with her? I am a million times better and..."

"This has nothing to do with you." Taahir brusquely ended the conversation and went into the conference room.

Rosa stood frigidly at the spot. Her face was one of wrath. She gripped her hands tightly to suppress the madness, anger, and displeasure that were rising in her heart!

Taahir was hers, he had to be hers! She couldn't bear the thought of giving him to someone else.

Therefore, regardless of the result, Tahera had a calamity coming, courtesy of Rosa Khan...

***

"Sis, I still don't get it. I realize your design is slightly different from Afra's, but what's the catch?" Aaban asked as he stared at the design on screen.