26. Beautiful beyond Compare

You're so beautiful
So damn beautiful
Said you're so beautiful
So damn beautiful
You're so beautiful
Beautiful Beautiful
You're so beautiful
Beautiful Beautiful
You're so beautiful

The ballroom was in pandemonium. Everyone stared at Riya skeptically. Who would have thought a gentle and meek appearance like hers could hide such a hideous heart? Stares of condescension and anger assaulted Riya from every angle.

A blanched Riya argued with quavering voice, "That's a fake, the voice is obviously not mine, it's falsified!"

"Should we check the time of recording for its authenticity then?" Tahera asked slowly, her gaze as sharp as tack.

Like a deflated balloon, Riya slumped back down to the floor weakly.

Taahir ordered crisply, "Officers, now that we have the truth, you should know who to arrest right?"

"Wait!" Selim yelled suddenly before continuing, "Even if the recording is authentic, it doesn't take away from the fact that Tahera wanted to harm my wife and child. This must be part of her scheme as well!"

"You know what? It's such a shame that you're not a lawyer because you speak with such conviction behind your every word no matter how wrong you know they are," Tahera responded sarcastically.

Selim ignored Tahera. He continued unwaveringly, "I don't think my wife would fake her pregnancy just to frame someone like you."

"That only proves that you don't know your wife as well as you think you do, or you're both in it together. Either way, why don't we get her a doctor? Then, we'll know for sure." Tahera suggested, her eyes fixed on Riya.

A flash of guilt within the other woman's eyes confirmed Tahera's suspicions.

"Well, what are you two waiting for?" Tahera goaded them, not giving them any chance to slither their way out, "Selim Mirza, Riya Akhter, the only way to affirm what you said is to have a doctor check the baby out. This is the golden opportunity you've been waiting for so why the hesitation?"

Riya's eyelids twitched slightly, she glared at Tahera with murderous intent in her eyes... They were 90 percent sure they could ruin the b*tch. They didn't expect her to be one step ahead of them. Tahera had them bested this time; their plan had failed...

Selim was cornered by Tahera's severe questioning. Of course, he couldn't allow a doctor to give his wife a physical. Riya was never pregnant to begin with. Their original plan was to announce her 'Miscarriage' after Tahera was brought to the precinct.

That way, her conviction for crime of willful and malicious injury would definitely stick. They underestimated Tahera. They didn't expect her to happen to carry along a pen recorder.

Little did they know; the pen recorder was not a coincidence. It was a concerted effort on Tahera's part. She knew Riya and Selim would mean her harm if she was to appear at the party so she prepared beforehand.

If the two didn't strike first, the party would have ended harmoniously. So, in a roundabout way, they dug their own graves. Tahera had predicted they would want her dead and, sadly, she was not disappointed.

"I'm a doctor so let me check her out," Suddenly, a tall and dashing man in a tuxedo said in a baritone voice.

Riya and Selim's faces shifted slightly when they saw who it was. Wasn't that the influential surgical expert, Labib. Qasim?

Labib Qasim was famed across the nation and overseas because he was a genius doctor, familiar with all aspects of medicine but specializing in surgery. More importantly, he came from an impressive family background.