32. I'll not kneel ever!

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity
Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Things fared comparatively better for Aaban. Desperate times called for desperate measures. He  called his senior Parvez directly to ask for Taahir's phone number.

After he received his call, Taahir immediately had someone bring Aaban to him.

Aaban followed Parvez to an opulent break room. Taahir sat within waiting for him. This was the first time Aaban came face-to-face with him.

The man lounged leisurely on the sofa, his expression unreadable. Even though he knew Aaban was Tahera's cousin, he didn't act in any way differently. It was as if the person standing before him was his worker or a random stranger.

Aaban felt incredibly uneasy because he and his sister did rudely reject Taahir's cheque offer previously at the hospital. He wondered if Taahir would take that offence to heart and refuse to lend his aid.

Standing there, Aaban started to have doubts. His sister had never once thought of coming to Taahir for help so maybe he had stepped out of line.

After all, they were divorced. Taahir was under no responsibility to help them. It was already great that he didn't cause them troubles like certain individuals whom Aaban unfortunately knew. But it was too late for all that now.

"Speak, what is so important that you have to go through Parvez to find me?" Taahir asked.

Aabqn replied in a whisper, "Mr. Rahman, I know I shouldn't have disturbed you but you are the only person who can help my sister now. So please hear me out."

Taahir's eyes darkened. "Tahera? What happened to her?"

"Selim Mirza and the lot sued her for libel. She is currently being detained by the police but my sister has something important to do today, we need to get her out! Unfortunately, we don't have the influence you do to bust her out," Aaban finished in a quick breath and waited for Taahir to respond. He was afraid Taahir would give him a straight-up no.

However, his expression remained unchanged. He merely asked, "It was Tahera who asked you to come find me?"

"No, I'm here on my own volition." Aaban wondered if he had pictured it but he believed he saw disappointment flash across Taahir's face for a brief moment.

Taahir remained silent. Aaban had a feeling that he was not going to get the help he sought. He was crestfallen but it couldn't be helped, after all, Taahir didn't have any obligation to help them.

"Are you done?" Taahir asked suddenly.

Aaban opened his mouth but no words came out. His heart hit ground bottom. Taahir was subtly asking him to leave.

He didn't ask for more details so it would seem like he wasn't going to get himself involved...

"I'm sorry for disturbing you!" Aaban turned to leave. He didn't think pestering and begging Taahir would change his mind.

But what about his sister? Looked like it was really up to him and Murad to handle the Hacker Competition.

What Aaban didn't know was that after he left the room, Taahir ordered Nadir, "Contact Lawyer Rashed and bring him to the police station. Get Tahera out of there no matter what."

"Yes, sir!" Nadir left after receiving the order.

On the way to the police station, Tahera wrecked her brain trying to find herself a way out. The Hacker Competition would start at 10.30 am. Everything would be fine if she could get to the venue before then.