29. Not Beat, Must Demolish

Now I am invincible
No, I ain't a scared little girl no more
Yeah, I am invincible
What was I running for? (oh-oh-oh)
I was hiding from the world
I was so afraid, I felt so unsure
But now I am invincible
And I'm a perfect storm (oh-oh-oh)

After bidding his sister farewell, Murad rushed to the basement. The villa had a spacious basement that was originally used as a storage room. After Tahera reclaimed the house, she cleared out the rubbish and transformed it into a workroom.

When Murad pushed open the basement door, he was shocked by the view that unfolded before him.

The well-lit basement was filled to the brim with computers and their accessories. Some of the computers were taller than himself. Practically every model on the market could be found in that basement.

Every computer was running and their screens showed codes that he was both familiar with and was frightened by...

Tahera and Aaban sat around a wooden table put in the center of the room, discussing a stack of documents that was between the two of them.

When Tahera saw him, she said, "Come join us, we'll bring you up to speed."

Murad recovered from his shock, walked over, and sat across the table from both of them. Tahera passed him a document binder and explained in broad stroke what her plan was, "Currently, Aaban and I are writing a PC manager software that will combine the functions of anti-virus, internet security, data defragmentation and the likes. This here is our proposal. Take a look at it and if there's no question, I'll give you your assignment in a moment and your work will start today."

Murad stared dumbfounded at the binder that was in his hands. Never in a million years could he have guessed the cooperation Tahera spoke of was to get him to be her software engineer.

Then again, this was the only thing that he was slightly good at...But...

"Miss Hussain, there are better programmers out there. Why did you want me for this job? I don't think I'll be any good at it."

He tried to convince her otherwise, "Brother Murad, you're being too modest. You're the original creator for King Internet Security. That impressive software alone proved how good you are at your work. So, don't look down on yourself."

Murad chuckled self-deprecatingly the moment Aaban mentioned King Internet Security.

"That was so many years ago, I have long been eliminated by the computer world."

Tahera concluded with a smile, "The fact that I was willing to go through all the troubles to find you means that I believe you have it in you. Pure talent is not something that can be eroded with time. Yes, there may be other better programmers out there but I need the one that dares to go up against Selim Mirza."

Murad had a light-bulb moment.

"You intend to use this software to beat King Internet Security?"

"Not beat, but demolish!" Tahera enunciated with force.

Murad stared at Tahera like she was crazy.

"Miss Hussain, it's not that I don't believe in you but the current King Internet Security on the market has been reinvented and upgraded over the years; it's no longer the same software that I came up with. Furthermore, Mirza Corps has already carved out a stable position in the market, it is impossible for you to beat it, much less demolish it," said Murad.

He wasn't at all wrong with his analysis. It would be high impossible to take down an established company like Mirza Corps. But then so what?

Tahera posed Murad a question, "Do you know which industry changes the quickest and the most often in our era?"