18. Retaliation

Well, good for you, I guess you're gettin' everything you want (ah)
You bought a new car and your career's really takin' off (ah)
It's like we never even happened
Baby, what the fuck is up with that? (Ha)

Incidentally, Tahera had found the perfect way to acquire that needed money that would help to repackage herself.

Her eyes suffused with a confident glow as she stared at the screen of her laptop.

Selim Mirza, the money's coming out of your pocket! It's the least you could do for hurting my family!

Tahera had almost all of Selim's information, including the current conditions of his companies. He was, by chance, also in the web business.

The Mirza Family had a lot of businesses under its name but due to the zeitgeist of the recent years, its focus had mostly shifted to computer development.

Selim Mirza was the CEO of a sizeable web company called Mirza Corps. However, the company's growth had stagnated due to his lackluster ability. Most of his projects were joint efforts with the Rahman Empire, relying on them to claim a piece of the market.

Rahman Empire was the biggest company in the country, it was unavoidable that many smaller companies would depend on them to get their projects.

Selim's company's main product was a security software. It was called King Internet Security. He intended to use it to seek out a partnership opportunity with Rahman Empire.

Selim had invested a lot into this particular project. He hired the best team to work on it. Competition in the market was extremely strong. Elimination happened constantly for companies that couldn't catch up to technology's advancing footsteps.

The pie was only so big and everyone in the business was hungry for it. Partnership with Rahman Empire would mean an assured stream of income revenue. In other words, Selim had to seize this partnership opportunity!

The software developed by his team was extremely successful. King Internet Security had been introduced to the market for a few years and the response had been incredibly positive.

Many users had opted for his software. In terms of sales and reviews, it was miles ahead of other competing companies.

Selim was pleased with the result, he was sure the partnership was a done deal. He sat waiting for the contract to arrive.

After his software was taken into the Rahman Empire's operating system, every single one of the system's users would be using his security software by default...

This meant an enormous amount of profit for his company. Selim was smiling even in his dreams. His happiness spilled into generosity for his wife. He bought her a lot of jewelry and happily agreed to help her take revenge on Tahera.

He promised to help her complete her plan to destroy Tahera after the partnership was signed. He had connections with both the police and the triad. It would be nothing for him to order a woman ruined.

His wife was kind enough to remind him to ensure that Tahera had the 'Best time of her life' before offing her.

Riya spent her days in a haze of happiness knowing Tahera's days were numbered. It encouraged her to serve Selim to the best of her abilities.

This in turn greatly improved Selim's mood but that only lasted for a while because he soon discovered something had gone seriously wrong with his security software!

There was a new strain of computer virus in the market. The virus was curiously enough, practically harmless. It would not steal the host's private information, change the host's settings, or harm its host in any way.