Chapter 50: The Promised Revenge

The following morning Wave, Suzuka, and Seryu take some time off as they prepare for Night Raid's next move. They know that Night Raid will strike before too long and are taking the chance to relax before the coming storm. Seryu is playing soccer with some kids in the area while Wave and Suzuka are watching.

Wave: "So have you officially joined us then."

Suzuka: "Well the rest of my team is dead, so I guess for now I am under General Esdeath. Maybe I will get lucky and she will put me in my place."

Wave thinks: "This girl may be as crazy as Seryu."

Suzuka: "Anyway, how are you faring? You seem to be pretty distracted as of late. I know that you kind of like Tatsumi so you may be worried about having to kill him."

Wave: "That is not what is bothering me. It is something that (F/N) said. He told me about how what he is doing is justified because of all the crimes that the people are committing. I know that just killing people off it wrong, but his points are kind of hard to refute. Also Kurome seemed pretty sure that he could handle fighting three of the Jaegers at once."

Suzuka: "I doubt he is that strong. Most likely Kurome is overestimating his abilities because he is her friend."

Wave: "That worries me too. I am not sure how Kurome is taking the news that (F/N) is part of Night Raid. She has seemed lost in thought a lot."

Suzuka: "She'll be fine. You should worry about yourself."

Wave: "I guess you are right."

At this point Seryu finishes playing the soccer game with the kids and runs over to the other two.

Seryu: "I love spending time with children. They have not been corrupted by evil yet. Even more so they are young and impressionable so they can be taught how to defend justice."

Suzuka: "You are on night patrol with me outside the city tonight right Seryu?"

Seryu: "That is right. Hopefully we will find some members of Night Raid to punish."

Meanwhile at Night Raid's temporary hideout all of the members are gathered for a briefing meeting for the plan for the next few days.

Najenda: "Alright we are going to spend the rest of today scouting out the area again. The spies that we have in the revolution here have almost dug out the tunnels so we can use them to strike tomorrow. We will strike at night tomorrow. As for today I want Mine and (F/N) to scout the area surrounding the city. Tatsumi and Akame you will be in charge of looking around the city again. Chelsea and Leone you have the night off."

(F/N): "It is likely the fourth of the Rakshasa demons has joined with the Jaegers. We could run into trouble while we are out on patrol. Do you think it is wise for us to patrol again? We gathered quite a bit of information yesterday."
Najenda: "I am counting on you running into some Jaegers. The more we kill now the fewer we will have to deal with when you strike at Bolic. I am sure that Esdeath will not be out of the cathedral so you all should be fine to take down any targets that you encounter."

Tatsumi: "We will be careful and run if we see Esdeath."

Najenda: "See that you do."

While Mine and (F/N) are out of the city limits the two of them stop to have some dinner. As half of the purpose of them scouting is to lure some Jaegers to them, the two figured that having a fire going to cook their dinner would help. As they are busy eating (F/N) senses that several presences are approaching them and are up on a hill nearby.

(F/N): "I sense some people near us. I am not sure if they are Jaegers though. We should be cautious just in case."

Mine: "Alright. I hope we get to kill Seryu, I still really want my revenge on her."