Chapter 44: Traitor to the Revolution

Najenda is at the Revolutionary Army's headquarters in the south with Susanoo. Most of the meetings are over by this point, and Najenda is about to make her way back to Night Raid's base. The main point of discussion at the meetings was about how the Path of Peace church, which is a major religion especially in the eastern portion of the Empire, is preparing to revolt. The Revolutionary Army plans to use this revolt to begin their invasion of the Empire. All of the specifics of the plan are made at the meeting as they start to prepare for the beginning of the end.

The reason that Najenda was called is that a high ranking individual in The Path of Peace, named Bolic, is a spy from the minister in the religion. From what the Revolutionary Army has learned, he is planning to kill the Lord of the Path of Peace and take his place. He is also known to drug his subjects and then use them as his personal toys. Night Raid has been given the assignment to eliminate him immediately.

With the meetings now over, Najenda is about to head back to Night Raid's base when Daniel, a Capital in the Revolutionary Army, runs up to her.

Daniel: "I heard that Night Raid had to relocate their base after an attack. I was planning on leading a training party into the woods near the Capital to help them get ready for the final battle that is coming up soon. I was wondering if you could let me know where the base is so I make sure to keep away from it. As you know the whole revolution is supposed to be kept in the dark of where Night Raid is. It would be a problem if a whole unit learned where it is."

Najenda: "Don't worry I am sure you will not run into it by accident. We keep our bases well hidden, so that people who are looking for them cannot find it."

Daniel: "Yeah I guess that is true. I just don't want to stumble across it while I am training my men west of the Capital."

Najenda: "Shouldn't be a problem. You should focus on doing your job and not worrying about what others are doing."

Daniel: "Yes of course. I feel horrible about asking. I am kind of new still, so I am really paranoid about messing up with protocol or something like that. Why don't I treat you to a drink to make up for it?"

Najenda: "That is unnecessary, I need to be getting back to Night Raid anyway. We have a job to get done. You will need to excuse me."

With that Najenda and Susanoo leave the revolution's headquarters. The Revolutionary Army has prepared an air manta that they will be able to ride back to Night Raid's base. As Najenda is heading to the air manta she notices that there seem to be several men that are following behind her and Susanoo. They are trying to remain hidden, but are not very good at it.

Once Najenda and Susanoo are on the air manta, Najenda starts to direct the manta to the west of the Capital. Susanoo quickly notices that they are not heading straight to the base, which is to the northeast of the Capital.

Susanoo: "Master why is it that we are heading to the west of the Capital. This is not a direct path to the base."

Najenda: "Certainly you have noticed that we are being followed. I suspect that the traitor and his men are coming after us. We are going to lead them off the trail and kill them off."

Susanoo: "Of course I noticed the men following. I just assumed they were headed to the Capital as well for a reconnaissance mission."

Najenda: "Perhaps they are in which case our trap will not be sprung. We are going to land in a heavily forested area that the Revolutionary Army would have no use in scouting out. If they follow us there we can be sure they are traitors."

Susanoo: "That is a good plan. How should I proceed if they are traitors?"
Najenda: "Eliminate all of them."

Susanoo: "Understood."