Chapter 42: Island Adventure

F/N and Tatsumi are stunned as standing before them is General Esdeath. Neither of them is sure how to react. Esdeath on the other hand sees Tatsumi and rushes over to him, embracing him in a tight hug.

Tatsumi thinks: "How the heck am I supposed to know when Esdeath is going to fall out of the sky?"

Esdeath: "Is this a dream? Have we finally been reunited at last?"
Tatsumi: "Definitely not a dream."
Esdeath: "I have to ask Tatsumi, why are you out here? There are new danger beasts appearing around the Capital that are dangerous."
Tatsumi: "Can you please let me go?"
Esdeath: "No. If I let you go you may disappear again. I am not letting you get away again."

Tatsumi struggles and is able to break free.

Tatsumi: "I came up here to get stronger. I have already got a lot stronger."

Esdeath: "I can see that. You have gained a lot of muscle. You have improved a lot and with so much further still to go. Have you joined the Revolutionary Army yet?"

Tatsumi: "No, not yet. I still plan to join though."

Esdeath pointing at F/N: "Would you mind telling me who this is?"

F/N: "Sorry I suppose we have not met. I am F/N. I am a friend of Tatsumi's and I have been helping him train."

Esdeath: "Is that so?"

Tatsumi: "That's right. F/N and I met shortly after I got to the Capital. He has been helping me train and get stronger."

Esdeath: "You appear to be rather strong. You also have no aura, why is that?"

F/N: "If you must know it is because I have trained quite a bit. I spend most of my time working to get stronger in fact."

Esdeath: "Are you part of the military then?"

F/N: "No I side with neither the Imperial nor the revolution."

Esdeath: "There has to be a reason why--"

Just then both F/N and Esdeath sense that a new person has shown up on the mountain. Esdeath turns towards where the person is hiding, drawing her sword.

Esdeath: "How can there be so many distractions on a deserted mountain top? You hiding behind the rocks show yourself."

A hooded figure walks out from behind the rocks on one side of the mountain.

Hooded figure: "Crap, and here I thought I could observe you for a while. I guess this is why everyone is so bloody terrified of you."

Esdeath: "Who are you?"

Hooded figure: "No one you need to know. Your little group has been cleaning up my toys rather quickly. I was starting to get tired of playing with them anyway."

Esdeath: "So you are the one that released the human danger beasts."

Hooded figure: "Guilty as charged. Now let me show you the power of my Teigu."

The hooded man pulls a pendent out of his pocket. He shouts, "Shambhala." Instantly a purple circle appears under Tatsumi, Esdeath, and F/N. Acting quickly F/N draws his bow back with an arrow and releases. The arrow soars straight at the hooded man who is able to start to dodge the arrow. He is not quite fast enough as the arrow stabs him in his left arm.

Before he has the chance to shoot another arrow, F/N as well as Tatsumi and Esdeath suddenly see their scenery change. Now F/N and the others find that they are on a beach instead of a mountain top. Thinking about what Teigu could have teleported all of them, F/N comes to the conclusion that it must have been Shambhala.