Chapter 14: Elite Seven

Once the meal is finished the girls lead F/N to where their base is located. F/N figures that whoever it is that would set up a base in the middle of a forest is someone that he should look into. Once they reach the clearing where the base is at F/N sees that there are several more people there. All of them that he sees are about his age just like Akame and Kurome are. Looking around he decides that each of them has some combat prowess, which makes him start to wonder just who exactly he is going to see.

When they reach the tent where the girls say their leader is located, they walk in. The girls and F/N are followed by the other teenagers that were in the clearing who enter the tent behind F/N. Sitting in the tent with his back to the entrance is a man with blonde hair. F/N notices a familiar sword sitting by his side.

Akame: "Father we found this guy in the forest. He overheard about us having a base, so we thought it would be best we bring him here."

Father: "You should have just silenced him if he overheard you."

F/N: "Come now you don't really think I am that easy to kill do you Father. I mean you did train me yourself after all."

All of the Teenagers: "Father?"

The man turns around and F/N sees that he was correct. It is indeed Gozuki.

Gozuki: "Oh it is you. No, I imagine it would have ended badly had they tried to kill you. Assuming you are as skilled as you once were, they may have both died."

Brown-haired boy: "Who is he Father?"

Gozuki: "He does not have a name, but he was my adopted son for a time."

Kurome: "He told us his name was F/N"

Gozuki: "So you gave yourself a name."

F/N: "That's right. It is a little weird to not have a name when someone wants you to introduce yourself. I went with a name some lady called me while I was in the west city you sent me to."

Gozuki: "Fair enough. I suppose I should explain to all of you who F/N is. I adopted him as a slave to train as an assassin. In fact, I was going to have him be the leader of this team before an incident happened. When I left to start the forest trial for all of you I sent him west to deal with a Lord of a City in that area who was causing the Empire trouble. From what I understand the Lord of the City got replaced while he was traveling to the city. When F/N arrived he killed the former Lord of the City as I wanted. However, he somehow learned about the new Lord of the City and killed him too. This new Lord was a close friend of Prime Minister Honest. When the news reached him, he ordered that F/N be killed. I sent some bounty hunters to kill F/N, all of whom ended up dead. I left it at that figuring that F/N would not be a problem."

F/N: "In my defense I did the job you asked. How was I supposed to know the Lord of the City changed while I was traveling?"

Gozuki: "I didn't expect you to. In all honestly I don't really care that you killed the new Lord of the City. I would not have done anything had the Prime Minister not been so upset."

F/N: "So what is your plan now? Are you still going to try to kill me?"

Gozuki: "You know as well as I do that you would not have come here if you weren't sure you could escape."

F/N: "That is true. To be honest I have seen signs to suggest that you were in the forest as well. I just didn't know you had the Elite Seven with you."

Akame: "So you know who we are then."

F/N: "I was meant to be your leader up until you actually got formed, so of course I knew at least part of what Father was planning."