Chapter 25: Ogre Hunting

Following dinner, Mine, Lubbock, Bulat, and Sheele all leave for a special request assignment that Lubbock received from the client that Mine and F/N saw earlier in the day. This leaves only F/N, Akame, Tatsumi, Leone, and Najenda at the base. All of them except for Tatsumi appear to be in a good mood. F/N can tell that Tatsumi has not enjoyed being teamed up with Akame all day. When he gets the chance F/N decides to check on Tatsumi.

F/N: "How has your day gone?"

Tatsumi: "It was awful. That girl is so cold to me. She is terrible at communicating too. It is like she expects me to fail or something."

F/N: "That is not it at all. She wants you to succeed, but is not sure that you will. That is why she is being cold to you. As for communicating, she has never been the most talkative person. Usually she is more open once she gets to know you."

Tatsumi: "I guess you do know her fairly well, so I will trust you."

The following day Leone reports that she got a contract from a woman in town. The woman told Leone about crimes that an oil merchant named Gamal along with Imperial Police captain Ogre have been committing. According to the woman Ogre has been accepting bribes from Gamal and then framing innocent people for the crimes that Gamal was committing. The woman's husband was one of the victims and was executed for a crime he didn't commit.

Leone: "So that is the job request. The woman paid it all up front."

Tatsumi: "I am surprised she was able to gather up so much money."

Leone: "She smelled sickly. I think she has been selling her body."

Najenda: "Can we trust the story?"

Leone: "My instincts tell me that they are guilty, and my instincts have never steered me wrong yet."

F/N: "I have heard rumors about Ogre taking bribes from criminals for similar reasons, but I have never found much evidence to support it. I would guess that the story is true as well."

Najenda: "Very well then Night Raid will accept this assignment."

Leone: "Gamal will probably be an easy target, Ogre on the other hand is a skilled swordsman. Worse yet he is almost always surrounded by his own Imperial Police squad. He is almost never alone. He even has the meetings with Gamal in his quarters. The only time he is alone is when he goes drinking at the bar near the Imperial palace on his days off. We should take care of this when the others get back."

Tatsumi: "We don't know when the others will be back right? We should act now. The five of us can handle it."

Leone: "Careful, keep acting like a big shot and we may make you back it up."

Najenda: "We cannot send Akame there as they already know what she looks like."

Tatsumi: "We cannot just sit around and wait. While we are waiting more innocent people could be getting killed. I can take care of Ogre."

Akame: "You're not ready."

Tatsumi: "You have seen my fight. I am plenty skilled to take him down."

Akame: "That is not what I meant. You are not ready to kill people."

Tatsumi: "I killed Aria didn't I."

Akame: "Can you kill someone under any circumstance?"

Tatsumi: "Well I don't know."

F/N: "I could go if you want. I doubt Ogre will stand much of a chance against me."

Akame: "He is right. F/N could probably kill Ogre even when he is surrounded by his police squad."

Najenda: "Let's test Tatsumi with this mission. I want Leone and Akame to go after the oil merchant while F/N and Tatsumi handle Ogre. F/N you are to provide back up only. If Tatsumi is going to get hurt, make sure to protect him and kill Ogre. Otherwise let Tatsumi handle the mission. You will report back how he does."