Chapter 7: The Young Assassin Part 1

Soon after arriving in the forest F/N begins to hunt danger beasts. He makes a point of hunting the more dangerous ones first, so that he does not have to worry about getting attacked. Before long all the danger beasts in the forest seem to be afraid of him as they run when he gets near them. F/N figures it is a result of the preservation instinct the animals have as they know he is stronger than them. This is what F/N was going for, so he can focus more on training than on hunting animals.

With the peace of not having to fight danger beasts in the forest F/N spends most of his time training with the weapons that he has. Since he no longer has a sword with him, he uses a stick to make up for the lack of sword in his sword training. He also continues to practice with the bow, throwing knives, and dagger that he does have. In addition to this, he practices moving through the trees silently along with sneaking up on animals in the forest. He gets very good at hiding completely from animals so he can strike without them even noticing. As a result of all this training F/N becomes even better in each area than he already was.

Ever since he first left for the forest F/N has worn the bracelet that he received in the western border city. He is not sure if the lady that gave it to him really was a mother, but he figures that he may as well wear it since he has it. In addition, to this the key that F/N found in the sewers in the west is always in his pocket as well. He has tried on several occasions to figure out what it is, or if it does anything however he is still clueless as to what it is. Since, someone thought it was valuable, and he was drawn to it, he does keep it with him at all times in case he ever does figure out what it is.

As time passes with F/N in the forest he decides that since all the training he was given was to make him an assassin that he should do that still. F/N is not really sure what people he should target though. Since the Capital seems to be more corrupt than F/N thought he figures looking in it would be the best place to find targets to assassinate. He starts to sneak back into the Capital at that time using an area that is not guarded well by the guards.

During his trips into the Capital, F/N gathers what information he can about people to determine those that are corrupt and need to be killed. He makes sure not to just kill someone that he does not like, but to make sure what they are doing is morally wrong. It takes time as many of the people hide their immoral activities well. However, within a week F/N has located a man who abducts young girls to rape. F/N figures that this is as good of a target as any to go after.

The night after learning of the rapist F/N moves into action. He finds the man's house, which is really more of a mansion and scopes out the security. After watching the security F/N determines it would be best for him to come back the following day with a better plan of how to infiltrate the mansion as it is well guarded. Now that he has determined not to attack, F/N makes sure to notice where each guard is positioned and starts to form his plan of how to attack the mansion the following night. Once he has a plan, he returns to the forest to sleep.

As the following night starts, F/N moves into position to prepare his strike. Just as expected the guards are in the exact same positions they were the previous night. F/N rushes to a blind spot in their guard and starts to scale the building using his throwing knives to create something to hold onto as he climbs. As he reaches the top floor F/N gets to a room with a light on. From the sounds going on inside, F/N suspects that the man he is just about to rape a girl. As F/N is not keen on the idea of seeing a girl naked, he closes his eyes and breaks a window to enter the room.

The man hears the sound and stops what he is doing to see a boy wearing black clothing enter the room. The man shouts, "How dare you interrupt me? Even worse you had to go and break my window. You are going to pay for that. Guar..." Before the man can finish his rant, F/N throws a knife, without opening his eyes, and it pierces the man right through the heart. Confident that he got the man, F/N begins to leave the mansion out the window.

Before F/N makes it out the window the girl that was getting raped calls after him, "Wait aren't you going to help all of us that he has trapped in the dungeon. The guards treat us just like him, so just killing him does us no good." F/N sighs, "Alright fine. Put some clothes on and then I can help you." The girl does just that and then F/N opens his eyes. F/N sees that the girl is even younger than him and says, "Stay in this room, I will go and deal with the guards in the mansion."

The girl tries to tell F/N that this is a dumb idea, but he is gone before she can say anything. F/N first goes out the window to kill the guards outside. Before jumping to the ground he uses his bow to kill three of them that are near the window. Then he descends to the ground to go after the remaining guards. Each one of them dies with him slitting their throat before they even realize that he is there. Once all the guards outside the mansion are dead, F/N returns to the Lord's room to make sure the girl is still there.

When F/N gets to the room, he finds that the girl is going through the room stealing anything that is valuable. F/N asks, "Why are you going through all of his stuff and stealing?" The girl replies, "Two reasons. First he is dead, so it is not like he needs it anymore. Plus I figure I need to have something to pay you with right." The thought of being paid for being an assassin had not even crossed F/N's mind. However, now that he thinks about it he likes the idea. He replies, "Good thinking. I will deal with the guards in the house and then free the rest of the girls."

F/N then leaves through the door in the house. There were two guards standing outside the door who apparently were oblivious to the noise going on inside the room. The guards do notice the door opening and when it is a boy they have not seen before that comes through they prepare their weapons. Both swing at him, and miss only for the first to get pierced through the heart by F/N's dagger. The other guard soon follows his companion to the grave as F/N lets loose a throwing knife that pierces the man's throat.

With both of these guards dealt with F/N moves through the mansion killing guards as he goes. He searches every room quietly and finds out that the man had no family as none of the other rooms have occupants. All of the rooms belong to guards, or have treasure in them. Soon he has covered the entire house other than the dungeon that he finds the door to. He has killed over twenty guards inside the house.

As F/N begins to open the dungeon door, he finds more guards who he kills before they can even draw their weapons. He descends into the dungeon to find several cells all of which are occupied by young girls. Each of them is wearing tattered clothes, much like the clothes the girl upstairs put on. Seeing the boy the girls start to panic as they don't know what is going on.

F/N proceeds to break each of the door locks to let the girls out of the cells and tells them to go meet in the main room of the mansion. Each of the girls does so, many of which also thank him as they go. In total, F/N counts that there were fourteen girls locked up in the dungeon along with the one upstairs making a total of fifteen girls that he saved by deciding to kill this guy off.

Once all of the girls are free F/N heads out of the dungeon to find that all fifteen girls are now in the large room in the center of the mansion. The first girl that F/N rescued runs up to him dragging a sheet that is full of valuable items. She says, "Here is your payment. We cannot thank you enough for helping us." F/N looks down and takes only a portion of the gold and silver that the girl collected. He then says, "You all should keep the rest of this to help pay for your new lives. I consider what I have taken fair payment." Each of the girls is too stunned to believe it as F/N only took a small amount of the wealth that they were planning on giving him.

After taking the gold that he considers a fair payment, F/N begins to leave. Before he makes it out the door he notices that there is a katana attached to the belt of one of the guards he killed. F/N goes over and unsheathes the katana. He determines that it is in good shape and decides he will take it as well. Without saying another word to the girls who are all stunned speechless, F/N leaves the mansion and returns to the forest with the items that he obtained.