Chapter 27: The Headhunter Part 1

After the last mission F/N has been assigned to work with Leone at least for the following day. This amounts to doing very little as Leone is in charge of the shopping for the base, which she took care of the previous day, so they don't need to go anywhere. F/N and Leone do spar for a short time, and F/N notices that Leone is very aggressive in her fighting style. To F/N this seems foolish as it leaves too many openings. However, Leone's strength makes up for the many openings that she leaves in fighting. In the end the sparring match ends with F/N losing despite getting in multiple hits.

Once they have finished sparring Leone and F/N head back into the hideout to have some lunch. F/N notices that Leone grabs some sake to drink along with her food. F/N just grabs some of the meat that they have in storage along with water to drink. As the two of them are eating, F/N can tell that Leone is getting drunk from all the sake that she is drinking. He hopes this will not be a problem if they have a mission in the near future. While they are eating Leone decides to get to know F/N better.

Leone: "So F/N you were raised to be an assassin right?"

F/N: "That is right."

Leone: "What was that like?"

F/N: "It was fine I guess. I don't really know what most people's childhood is like so to me it was normal. I learned a lot as Gozuki wanted me to know everything that could be useful for me to be an assassin. That is why I was trained to use so many different types of weapons."

Leone: "If all you were only ever taught how to do is things that would help you as an assassin, what are you going to do once we have fixed the Empire?"

F/N: "Not sure. I assume that there will still be people that are corrupt for me to eliminate. If I do run out of those people I guess I will just live as a hunter or something."

Leone: "That does not sound like much of a life. Don't you want to have a family, or something."

F/N: "Never thought about it."

Leone: "So basically you only think about things that will help you as an assassin."

F/N: "Mostly. I do occasionally think about other things, but usually my focus is on things pertaining to killing."

Leone: "Once this whole ordeal with the Empire is over I am going to show you how much fun life can be."

F/N: "Isn't it a little early to be considering what you are going to do after the Empire has been corrected?"

Leone: "Might as well plan now for the future I figure."

F/N: "Well I would prefer to focus on what we have to get done now rather than thinking about a future that may not come."

Before the conversation can continue F/N gets up having finished his meal and heads outside the hideout for some more training. Seeing him go Leone mumbles under her breath, "That guy doesn't know how to have fun. I doubt I will be able to change that though. Too bad."

The following several days go by without much excitement while Najenda is gone to meet with several officials in the Revolutionary Army. F/N continues to work with Leone and they go on several missions to assassinate targets that they get contracts for. Each of them is verified before they kill the target. F/N notices that Leone has too much fun fighting her targets and is not serious enough about killing the target and moving on. This results in F/N killing most of the targets ending Leone's enjoyment prematurely.

As soon as Najenda gets back all of Night Raid is called together for their next mission.

Najenda: "Night Raid has got their next target. We are to kill Zanku the Headhunter."