Chapter 47: Kill the Jaegers Part 3

Almost as soon as Yatsufusa is activated Akame rushes towards Kurome. She says, "The more puppets she has summoned the slower her reaction speed is. That works to my advantage." Akame scales up Death Tagool's leg and reaches Kurome. Kurome blocks the first three of Akame's strikes. Then Akame gets behind her and is about to hit Kurome, when a man with white hair and a spear blocks the attack. Akame is stunned as it is Natala that has blocked her.

Before Akame is able to recover from her shock of seeing Natala she is pushed off Death Tagool's hand by Natala's spear. As Akame is falling she sees Bols preparing to fire Rubicante. A fireball comes out of the Teigu and spirals towards Akame. Before it is able to hit her, Tatsumi jumps up and grabs her landing on the edge of the canyon.

Tatsumi: "It is not like you to rush in like that. We will take her together."

Akame: "Sorry about that."

Turning the two of them see as a blue sphere is forming in front of Death Tagool's mouth. All of a sudden he lets out a massive blast of power. The members of Night Raid barely evade getting hit by the blast. The canyon gets even wider as a result of this blast. Once the smoke settles Kurome and Natala get off of Death Tagool and walk along the top of one wall of the canyon. Down below Susanoo and Najenda are looking at the massive dragon skeleton.

Susanoo: "It's power is true to its class."

Najenda: "Right everyone focus your efforts on Death Tagool."

Susanoo: "You didn't issue the proper command. I can handle it myself. Assign the rest of the team elsewhere."

Najenda thinks: "That is my Teigu for you. I am sure he will be able to handle it."

Najenda: "Alright. Everyone focus on the nearest target to you."

With this Night Raid starts to split up to take down all of the puppets that Kurome has summoned along with Bols. Akame goes after Bols while Tatsumi finds himself facing a giant ape. While Tatsumi battles this giant ape he finds that it can throw very powerful punches that are hurting him even while he has Incursio on. As the battle continues a red-masked man comes rushing at Tatsumi. Summoning his pole arm, Tatsumi tries to stab the man only to have his attack dodge. He then finds a dagger thrust right into his face. Luckily the helmet of Incursio blocks the attack.

As Tatsumi is fighting against these two enemies, Mine is lining up a second shot at Kurome. Her plan is to kill her as that will stop the puppets. Once Mine has lined up the shot she sees Natala step in front of Kurome right where Mine was aimed. He then thrusts his spear, the shingu Trisula, forward and it extends towards Mine. Seeing this coming Mine gets out of the way just before it hits her. Looking back Mine sees a girl with a cowboy hat running along the shaft of the spear over to her. This new girl starts firing guns at Mine, who dodges the shots and returns fire against this new foe.

Meanwhile as Akame is fighting Bols she finds it hard to approach him as his flamethrower is able to cover the area in front of him quite well. Finally, she decides that all she will need to do is get behind Bols in order to kill him. With this plan in mind, Akame rushes towards Bols and then dodges to the side as he activates Rubicante. Now that she is behind him, Akame is able to slash at him. However, a man with a shield on his back gets in the way of Murasame's blow so Bols is not hit. Akame thinks, "Murasame does not work on dead targets."

Seeing that Akame is now up against two foes Leone starts to rush to her aid. Before she is able to get very far Leone's leg is grabbed by a whip that wraps around it. Leone is then thrown into a wall. Turning around Leone finds herself facing a middle-aged man with red hair. He begins to whirl his whip continually at Leone causing injury after injury to cover her body.