Chapter 45: Kill the Jaegers Part 1

The following morning all of the members of the team get up early, much to Mine's annoyance, for the meeting that Najenda has called.

Najenda: "Our meeting today is about a critical mission. Revolution day is almost here. I imagine you are all familiar with the Path of Peace."

Leone: "Yeah they are a pretty popular religion, especially among those in the eastern part of the Empire."

Chelsea: "They are the ones that believe that your good deeds in life lead to longer lives and good fortune."

Tatsumi: "Oh that religion. They used to practice it in my village. In fact, the village elder gave me a statue of their god when I left."

Najenda: "Very soon the Path of Peace will be holding a religious uprising. We in the revolution are going to use that to our advantage."

Tatsumi: "A lot of people could die if there is a religious uprising. Shouldn't we try to stop it or something."

Najenda: "The Empire's tyranny has driven many to the brink. Even if we stop it, a revolt will just break out somewhere else. The Empire is living out its last days."

Tatsumi: "Really?"

Lubbock: "Remember how we told you about the southern tribes and those in the north. How they were wiped out by Esdeath really quickly. That is because they were doing it alone."

Najenda: "Precisely. When the revolt starts a western tribe is going to attack the Empire from the west. This will cause them to have to defend on two sides. This will not be enough to defeat the Empire though. The Revolutionary Army is then going to march from the south and attack. We will have to go through many forts to get to the Capital from the south. However, the revolution is already in several peace talks with the viceroys in charge of some of these forts. We will take castle after castle without shedding a drop of blood. Undoubtedly the Empire will respond by sending Great General Budo and the Imperial guard. That will leave the Empire short on defenses."

Akame: "Then we swoop in and kill the source of all the problems, the minister."

Lubbock: "The minister is pretty clever. He will try to flee at the last minute."

Leone: "He won't get away. I will make sure he pays for all his crimes with his face."

Najenda: "Is this plan good enough for you Tatsumi?"

Tatsumi: "Yes, sorry for interrupting."

Najenda: "Once we have won we will need to pay off our debts by giving the western tribes their land back."

Mine: "I know how much they must want that land back."

F/N: "Before long they will have it too."

Najenda: "Now then, there is only one problem with the Path of Peace. And it is a pretty big one. One of the high ups in the church is named Bolic. He is really a pawn of the minister and plans to kill the current leader, called the Lord, taking over the church. If this happens the revolt will not happen. I want you to go to the church's base in Kyoroch and kill Bolic. He has been drugging his subjects a little at a time through their food and using them as his toys. Do not go easy on him."

Lubbock: "He gets to hop around from what hot girl to the next."

Susanoo: "And putting something in someone's food is a disgrace."

Lubbock/Susanoo: "This guy is going down."

Najenda: "Now there is a second issue to address. As long as the Jaegers are around they may as well be the minister's personal army. We need to deal with them sooner rather than later. We are going to take them out now before the mission so that it will run smoothly. The revolution would prefer that we kill two members in particular. They are Kurome and Bols. I trust that you can fight people you are familiar with right Tatsumi?"