Chapter 4: In the West Part 2

Having finished the mission the boy leaves out the window just as he came and heads back to his base. On the way to the base the boy notices that a commotion is going on outside the house that he has been staying in. Three soldiers are standing outside alongside the man from earlier. The boy finds a place to sit and eavesdrop on the conversion that is being held.

Man: "I am telling you that the boy that hit me is living in this house. I had him followed and know that he is located here."

Soldier 1: "This house has been abandoned for years. You are losing it sir. I think that you may have a concussion.

Man: "I am not losing it. A boy attacked me just as I claimed. He nearly killed me, but my guards scared him off. Then as I said my men followed him to this location."

Boy thinks: "I should have been more careful to make sure I was not followed. That was an oversight on my part. I will need to make sure it does not happen again."

Soldier 2: "Well we will break in here for you. You are our boss after all since you became the Lord of the City two days ago. Personally, I think you are better at it than Denzel was too."

Lord of the City: "That is right. Remember your place. I am in charge in this city, and will not tolerate your insubordinate. As you know I made Denzel and his wife my slaves back at my manor. Also I already had to kill that slave woman who claimed to be the boy's mother. After he hit me I could not take a chance leaving her around. Remember that your lives mean nothing to me."

One of the men breaks into the house and goes through it. After several minutes the soldier comes back outside to tell everyone what he found.

Soldier 3: "Going through the house I found some food and bandages. There was also a backpack. It looks like the Lord is telling the truth. I guess that the boy was staying here at least. However, I could not find any trace of him."

Boy thinks: "Well it will do me no good to allow them to live now. They know where my base is. I may not be here much longer, but I still need a place for the night before I leave. Also I need my stuff that they are going through. I will have to deal with them. I was told to kill the Lord of the City, and since that is apparently this guy now, I should kill him anyway. It figures they would get a new lord before I got here just to make the mission harder."

The boy readies an arrow on his bow and lets it fly. It goes straight through the heart of one of the soldiers. Losing no time, the boy makes sure to change his position so that the soldiers are not able to pinpoint where he is. The remaining two soldiers rush at where the boy fired from. As soon as they arrive at the location, the boy jumps out from a different location and using his sword decapitates the first soldier. The second soldier sees his comrade die and reaches for his own blade. Before he is able to get a hold of it, a throwing knife from the boy becomes lugged in the soldier's throat and he dies.

Now that the soldiers are all dead, the boy turns to see the Lord of the City trying to run away after seeing all of those men get killed. He is headed toward a guard house in the city. With great speed the boy gives chase to the man. He catches up to the Lord well before the Lord reaches any other guards. The Lord of the City turns to face him and draws a gun. The Lord points it at the boy and fires. Much to the Lord of the City's surprise the boy is not standing where he fired and the man sees out of the corner of his eye a blade coming at him. Before the Lord of the City is able to react, the boy has severed the Lord's head from his body using his sword.

With this second Lord of the City now dead, the boy figures that he probably has now taken care of the job. The boy travels back to where all of his supplies are located. He makes sure to move the dead soldiers and then clean up the blood in the area. He makes it look like the soldiers died far from the house he is staying in, but he is still somewhat worried about getting attacked. To be safe the boy gathers all of his belongings and moves to a different abandoned house.

While this is happening one of the guards in the city, who is on patrol in the area, notices the boy dragging dead guards. Thinking that the boy probably killed the guards himself, the man decides to not engage and instead starts to follow the boy. This does not last long as the boy senses the man watching him and is able to give him the slip so that the guard no longer has any idea where the boy is. However, the guard did get a good look at the boy's face. He heads to the barracks to tell his commanding officer about what he saw. The guards decide to make wanted posters for the boy to be hung up the following morning.

Meanwhile, once all of his stuff has been moved to a new location the boy leaves the house to look around to make sure that there are no potential issues around the base. It is not long before the boy hears a girl screaming. The girl sounds like she is close to his base. As this could be a potential issue for his base being secure, the boy rushes over to see what is going on. He rushes over using rooftops until he arrives at where the screaming girl is.

When he arrives the boy spots a pink-haired girl surrounded by six soldiers. The girl is badly beaten up and it appears as if the soldiers are the ones that did it. The boy watches as one of the soldiers punches the girl to the ground. Then the soldiers begin to kick the defenseless girl. All the while the boy watches unsure what, if anything, he should do about the situation. Then he hears one of the soldiers say, "We can do whatever we want to with this girl. She is one of those foreigners. She is not better than trash. The Lord of the City would be happy to know we killed her."

Hearing that the Lord of the City gave permission for the soldiers to act this way causes the boy to act. He figures that this is probably something that Gozuki would want him to interfere with. In fact, actions like this are probably why Gozuki said the Lord of the City was corrupting the guards. The boy jumps down, throwing several knives as he falls. Three of the knives strike true, piercing the necks of soldiers. The boy rushes at the other three soldiers quickly before they can react and strikes. Before the soldiers are even able to get their weapons out all of the three remaining soldiers are dead.

Now the boy turns to the girl on the ground. He checks for a pulse and finds that she is still alive, but unconscious. Without putting much thought into it the boy scoops the girl up into his arms and carries her back to his base. Once there the boy bandages her wounds as best he can. He then prepares a meal for her as he figures that she will be hungry when she wakes up. Then the boy goes to sleep not putting much thought into the girl that is unconscious in the room.

During the middle of the time the boy is asleep the girl regains consciousness. She is very confused at how she got to the house. She notices the boy that is sleeping nearby and gets really nervous. This nervousness soon vanishes as she notices that her wounds have been bandaged, and there is some food sitting next to her. The girl thinks, "Did this boy do all of this? He does not even know me, so why would he go to all this trouble. Maybe there are some good people after all in this world. Just in case he is planning on doing something to me I better leave before he wakes up. "

The girl gets up to leave and makes her way to the door quietly. Before she makes it to the door something catches her eye. She looks down and sees a small bracelet among the boy's things. She thinks, "That bracelet is from the western countries. Not only that, but it looks like a fancy one as well. Why does he have it? Normally people from the Empire would not dare have anything like that with them. Maybe he is actually half-western as well. Since he does not look western, there is no way he is pure foreign blood. It is better I not wait to find out though." The girl then proceeds to leave the house, as quietly as she can. As soon as she is outside the girl takes off into the city trying to avoid everyone that she sees.