Chapter 11: The Reaper Part 1

Water drenches the streets of the Capital as a downpour of rain falls from the sky. A single man dressed in all black is walking down the street leaving behind a frightening scene of fifty-one dead bodies. Fifty of these bodies belong to imperial guards, while the fifty-first belongs to one of the Emperor's personal advisors. No blood is to be found at the scene, as the man walks away with the only evidence of what has happened being a piece of paper stabbed through the advisor's chest. It reads, "Fear The Reaper."

The following morning after a huge downpour the previous night, F/N walks into the Capital. He is planning on finding a job to do as he has not done any jobs in a few days. When he reaches one of the streets that leads to the palace he sees a massive number of people gathered around something. The Imperial police are trying to fight the crowds of people off, but to no avail. F/N is curious himself about what happened however with so many people he figures he will not be able to see whatever the people are trying to look at.

F/N walks over to one of the men grouped around

F/N: "What is all the commotion about?"

Man: "Last night one of the Emperor's personal advisors was killed along with all of the guards that were escorting him. He had fifty guards with him and they are all dead in the street."

F/N: "So an assassination happened in the Capital. Big deal they happen all the time. Sure it was someone important, but he will be replaced soon enough."

Man: "That is not the concerning part. There is a note that mentions The Reaper."

F/N: "Who is The Reaper?"

Man: "You don't know? That is a surprise, he is only the most infamous assassin in the entire Empire. He shows up out of nowhere and kills people in a city until he gets bored then he leaves. He doesn't even take money or anything. I think he does all this killing just because he thinks it is fun."

F/N: "What makes you so sure it was him?"

Man: "There is no blood at the scene anywhere. It can only be the work of The Reaper's sword Shiryu. They say that the sword consumes the blood as it cuts leaving no blood at the scene."

F/N: "It was raining hard last night, I bet the blood just washed away."

Man: "We can only hope. If The Reaper really has come to the Capital there is nothing that any of us can do to stop him. The Imperial police has hunted him for years to no avail. I even hear that he has killed thousands of their members."

F/N: "I am sure that this is just the work of some other assassin."

After finishing learning from the man what happened, F/N walks away somewhat curious about this Reaper person. F/N thought that if such a person did exist Gozuki would have mentioned him to F/N at least once. However, he had never heard of him before. Figuring that it is nothing to worry about and that he won't be able to get any tips of potential targets due to the panic everyone is in, F/N makes his way towards Anne's home.

Once F/N has arrived at Anne's home he is let in by the guards as usual. F/N knocks on the door to have Anne answer it. The two of them spend the day playing a new board game that Anne just got. Since neither of them understand the rules very well it does not go well. Despite this F/N does not care as he genuinely likes spending time with Anne. F/N notices that he has not seen Anne's parents like usual.

F/N: "Where are your parents? Usually they have come to check on us by now."

Anne: "Oh they are in the basement. There was some cleaning to do down there."

F/N: "Should we go help them?"

Anne: "Definitely not! They hate it when anyone goes in the basement since it is such a mess down there."