S226: I rise, looking through my morning eyes. Surprised, to find you by my side

Author's note:

Ok, so second chapter. This time, the title; I rise, looking through my morning eyes. Surprised, to find you by my side, is a lyric from the Pink Floyd song Stay... and you'll quickly see why I chose it. Enjoy

##

The warm rays of the morning sun had started to creep over the top of the Middleton High School building when a low rumbling sound made its way across the playing fields. Obnoxious and downright disrespectful to an otherwise bright and peaceful Sunday morning, the din reached the ears of two individuals who lay sprawled out atop the grass, causing one of them to stir.

What the hell? Shego thought, through the pounding of a headache; the offending rumbling sound serving only to aggravate it. Opening her eyes a crack felt like she had just stared directly into the sun and so she promptly closed them again. Urgh, I haven't felt this hungover since I drank that bottle of tequila after that first night in Spritzers with Kimmie. And what the hell is that damn noise? Has Ru-Ru found something new and annoying to watch on TV? At the thought of home, she wracked her brain but could not recall how she had gotten there. However, it did not take her too long, given how she currently felt, to deduce that, unless I walked or took a cab, there is no way I could have gotten home without sobering up, which I clearly didn't do. Moving her left hand, she felt it brush through something that felt distinctly like grass, confirming the theory that she had not gone home. Which begs the question, where the hell am I... and what happened to Kimmie? It was on finally having that thought, that Shego became aware of the warm body pressed against her own and that her right arm was draped over.

Oh, holy shit! The thought was so loud that it almost escaped from the woman's green and black lips. Not even thinking about the aggravation to her headache, Shego's eyes snapped open to reveal a mane of flaming-red hair. Automatically, she snatched her right arm out of Kimmie's grasp and shifted her body back a few inches. Fuck, I spent the night cuddled into someone... I spent the night cuddled into Kimmie! And crashed out on the Middleton High playing fields no less! That latter part was of little consequence, for the location did not change what she had done. Immediately she felt the urge to scramble to her feet and bolt. She could ignite her glow on route to the Blackbird, head straight for home and forget the entire thing had happened. And seven weeks ago, she would have done just that.

On feeling the arm she had been snuggling suddenly withdrawn from her grasp, Kim let out a low moan, "no, that's my Pandaroo, you can't have it!"

Kimmie's words reached Shego's ears over the rumbling sound; which had grown steadily louder and combined with how downright cute the hero looked in her sleep, compelled her to stay. Reaching a hand back out, she shook the girl's shoulder and hissed, "Kimmie, wake up."

"Noooo," Kim moaned, "give Pandaroo back."

"Kimmie," Shego said, more forcefully this time and gave the girl's shoulder a firmer shove, "get your lazy ass up!"

The second shake of her shoulder served as enough of a shock that Kim's eyes opened and she immediately winced when they were flooded with sunlight, "argh!" Finding that her head too was throbbing, she promptly shut them again. After the sharp spike of pain ebbed, she managed to conjure up the thought, what the... where am I? And was that... she was stopped dead in her tracks by the sound of another voice she knew oh so well.

"Alright, what in the name of all that is sacred is going on here?" a man's voice boomed.

Her attention having been focused on Kimmie, Shego had failed to notice that the rumbling noise had stopped and that a broad figure, who now cast a looming shadow over them, had approached. Shit, who the fuck is that? It doesn't matter, we just need to pick ourselves up and leave. "We were just..." she began and then paused as she fumbled for something plausible.