S303(U2): Getting better in my wardrobe

Author's note:

Hey, Everyone and welcome to the update. My apologies for it having taken four weeks to get to you all, however, the last chapter gave me some real headaches and I eventually had to rewrite it.

As always, my thanks to all of you for all your support. I really appreciate it. In that vein, I'm delighted to announce that, thanks to your support, And You And I and myself have managed to progress in each of the categories we were nominated for in the 16th annual KP Fannie awards. Celioxa has also made it through in the best reviewer category too. The voting for this round works a bit differently than the previous rounds and is explained in full on the deviant art page. I'll provide the link now and then again at the end of the update.

https://www.deviantart.com/sharper-the-writer/journal/The-16th-Annual-KP-Fannies-Final-Round-of-Voting-894414236

The categories are as follows:

Best KP-style name: Quinn Phy-Knight
Best KP OC: Captain Brooks
Best Minor Character: Ann Possible
Best Villain: Captain Brooks
Best KiGo: And You And I
Best Romance: And You And I
Best M-rated novel sized story: And You And I
Best new writer: K1G0
Best single line: And You And I
Best reviewer: Celioxa
Best story of 2020: And You And I
Best writer of 2020: K1G0

Back to the update and the first chapter: Getting better in my wardrobe, takes its title from the Genesis song, I know what I like, which you might all recall from season 2, chapter 22.

Enjoy

##

After her conversations with Captain Brooks and Senor Senior, Senior, Shego had flown back home and for part of the way, been in a foul mood. She had been angry. No, beyond angry, livid. She'd known the penitentiary warden to be a sadistic motherfucker, she had a set of faint marks on her ass as proof of that, but she would never have imagined she would torture Bonnie in such a way, just for a phone number. For she doubted the former cheerleader would have put up much resistance to questioning. No, Brooks had tortured the girl for her own sick; twisted pleasure. And about halfway home, Shego had come to a decision, when I break Bonnie out, I'm going to take that bitch down.

After having made that choice, she had managed to get her temper to settle and her anger had simmered down. She still felt it; was still aware of its existence, but she had control over it and had no desire for it to interfere with other things, more important things... Kimmie related things. By the time she landed the hovercraft on the large expanse of gravel that served as her driveway, it was just after four pm and her mind had pushed all thoughts of Brooks and Bonnie to one side, so she could focus on tonight's meeting with her friend, a term she still found difficult to accept but did so nonetheless.

Walking through the front door, she headed down the hall and into the living room, where she found Ru-Ru perched on the sofa; eyes glued to the TV. She glanced at it, saw the yellow digital clock pop up on the screen and immediately recognised the program as being the terrorist threat drama 24. Looks like he's there for the rest of the day. She walked past the back of the sofa and through into the kitchen without saying a word, curious to see if he would even notice her; it seemed unlikely. Heading to the fridge, Shego removed a bottle of beer and a large chunk of cheese. Let's see if he can ignore this.

Slicing the top off the bottle with a lit finger, she strolled back into the living room and stood behind the sofa; Ru-Ru still seemingly unaware of her presence. After taking a drink, she dangled the cheese out over his head and waited.

It took almost thirty seconds for the naked-mole-shark's nose to begin to twitch. "Huh?" he exclaimed, as his beady black eyes were finally drawn away from the TV and up in the direction his nose was guiding them. They almost popped out his tiny head when they caught sight of the block of cheese. He licked his lips greedily, quickly uttered, "yum-yum," and jumped for the cheese.