S215(U6): Where we start

Author's note:

Ok, so we come at last to the final chapter of this update. I hope you guys have enjoyed it so far and are hungry for one more. The chapter title this time is the name of a song by David Gilmour (read Pink Floyd), called Where we start, taken from his On an Island solo album. While I had toyed with the idea of calling this chapter Breakfast at Kimmie's, after the song Breakfast at Tiffanies, I'm not a fan of replacing names in song titles of lyrics (not sure why), so we're going with Where we start. Personally, I think this is a really nice fit for this chapter, as I feel that this both the end of this part of the story and the start of a new one. So, enjoy it and I'll see you all at the end.

##

A grating noise filled Kim Possible's ears and roused her from her slumber. What on earth is that? Before she had managed to open her eyes, two more noises followed, the first, one she would have associated with an electronic lock opening and the second definitely being that of a metal gate sliding open. The resultant bang caused her to jump and her eyes snapped open, only to be confronted by... what the... she thought on seeing the grey wall in front of her and the grey blanket that covered her.

"You'd better hurry up, Kimmie, or Brook's will have your ass."

Shego's voice registered with Kim at the exact same moment as she saw lifted her blanket and saw the orange jumpsuit that she wore. Kim practically leapt out of bed. "What on earth?" she exclaimed in complete and utter shock as her eyes took in the drab cell.

"Just leave her in bed and let Brooks flay her alive. It might do her some good."

Kim spun around to see... "Bonnie," she breathed in disbelief on seeing her old schoolyard nemesis standing at the door to the cell. Like herself, the brunette was also clad in an orange jumpsuit. She turned to face Shego; who was identically attired. "Shego... what's going on?"

Shego rolled her eyes. "It's called morning roll call, Kimmie," the green-skinned woman replied mater-of-factly. "It's where Brooks and her flunkies saunter through the cellblock, check to make sure we're all still here and shit on anyone that pisses her off."

Kim's terrified eyes did another sweep of the room. "Wait, no, I broke you out!"

From the cell door, Bonnie let out a derisive laugh. "No, you broke in here, tried to bust her," the former cheerleader pointed at Shego, "out and got the entire place put on lockdown when they caught you. Now you're stuck here like the rest of us." A twisted smile formed on her old nemesis' lips, "a rather fitting and ironic fate if you ask me."

"No..." Kim uttered in disbelief as a feeling of panic began to set in. She turned back to Shego, "...we escaped, I remember it."

A grim expression formed on the green-skinned woman's face. "Wish it were true, Kimmie, but the alarm got raised as you were climbing up onto the outer wall. It automatically cranked the voltage up on the razor wire, which blasted both of us of the wall and down to minefield. The blast from the mines we hit rendered both of us unconscious and knocked our stealth-camo's offline. I woke up yesterday evening in the infirmary but you were still out of it until not long before Brooks had us moved here last night, don't you remember?"

"Yeah, and she had the audacity to move me with you," Bonnie spat sourly. "Something about making us the 'Cellblock C Sirens'." The former cheerleader then snorted, "it was bad enough when it was just her I had to put up with, now I've got to share my cell with you too, Kim," before walking out of the cell.

"But... but..." Kim stuttered, unable to comprehend what was happening. No... how could I have let this happen...

From outside the cell, a voice yelled, "Rockwaller, Bonnie."