S235(U17): If I could find her now, could I make amends?

Author's note:

Ok, so second chapter. This one is very special as it takes the word count of my little one-shot to over half a million. Yeah, I know, I honestly cannot believe that I have reached that milestone with a story and to have done so in less than eighteen months is just crazy. So, thank you to everyone for your continued support, you guys are terrific.

The title for this chapter comes from a lyric: If I could find her now, could I make amends? from the Roger Waters song Leaving Beirut. I hope you all enjoy.

##

"You told her what!" Kim exclaimed incredulously. "Seriously, why the hell would you tell Lisa that you're my therapist?" That's it, I don't care that she's finally agreed that we are genuine friends, I am so going to murder her for this!

"Before you decide to try and kill me, let me explain," Shego said quickly and in a placating tone. "Think about it logically, I couldn't have called her and said, 'hey I'm Shego. You've probably heard about me in the news at some point, I'm the woman who works as Dr Drakken's sidekick. Anyway, I've recently started socialising and snogging Kim Possible, you know, your old friend and the hero who I've spent a lot of the past five years fighting. Unfortunately, Kim requires some closure in regards to what happened between the two of you, so would you be willing to talk to her?'"

On hearing how ridiculous the truth sounded and how devastating it could be for both of them if it got out, a pin pricked Kim's resurgent bubble of outrage. "Ok, I see your point in regards to telling her the truth, but why the hell say that you're my therapist? She'll think I'm some sort of nutjob!"

Shego looked pointedly at her friend in regards to that last comment, given she had dotted around all over the world and saved it from supervillains since she was fifteen and then replied with confidence, "it made the most sense. Miss Go is an alter ego that you can easily adapt to me using and even in my right mind and despite the fact I won't enjoy it, I can still play her. And since I didn't want to tell Lisa that you've recently discovered that you're gay, the logical option was for me to pose as your therapist. Not only is it highly plausible that someone in your profession has a therapist, but it also meant I could play the 'patient confidentiality' card when it came to anything she asked about you."

Kim sighed loudly, I don't exactly like the idea of Lisa thinking I have therapy sessions, but Shego is, unfortunately, making a lot of sense. She then glanced down at her friend's somewhat modest skirt. "I take it that is the real reason you're wearing that skirt?"

"Afraid so," Shego confirmed. "If I'm playing Miss Go tonight, I've got to look the part in order to sell it to Lisa." She then opened her jacket to reveal the prim and proper turtleneck underneath.

"Yeah, well if you're playing Miss Go, you're missing something," Kim said, her tone containing a hint of spite.

Shego rolled her eyes, opened her handbag and pulled out the teal hairband. "This what you're talking about?" she asked rhetorically. Urgh, I can't believe I'm doing this. Kimmie had better be worth it after she gets her closure. She then brushed her hair back with her hands and put the hairband on. "Consider this my punishment for going behind your back to arrange this."

Kim looked her friend up and down, took in the now sour expression on her face and could not help herself; she burst out laughing. "Oh, you are so going to hate this tonight, aren't you!"

"Don't rub it in, Princess," Shego said; unamused.

"Oh no, I get to rub this in and enjoy it for as long as I can, given that I'm the one facing the emotional wringer," Kim replied. "And that's the last Princess, Kimmie, Cupcake or Pumpkin I'll be hearing from you tonight, Firefly. Miss Go calls me Kim."