Chapter 19: The pleasure is to play

Part one: Twist and Shout

"Heh, heh, heh, heh," the naked-mole-shark laughed as the twister wheel landed on left-hand yellow.

"Dammit, Amy, why is that naked-mole-shark 'o yours only cheatin' when it comes tae ma turn!" Duff Killigan boomed as he twisted his left arm over the top of Shego and under the chest of Dr Drakken.

"I wouldn't keep saying that, Duffy," DNAmy warned, "or he'll start getting vindictive. Because he's a naughty little boy, aren't you, Ru-Ru."

A sly smirk formed on the naked-mole-shark's face and he made a biting motion with his razor-sharp teeth.

The Scotsman's hand then came to rest atop another.

"Don't even think about it, Killigan," Shego grunted the second she felt the man's hand make contact with her skin. She turned on her glow and increased the temperature in her hand; without properly igniting it.

"AH! Ya wee deil (devil)!" Duff yelped and quickly withdrew his hand. " Can ya no move o'er one, Lassie?"

"Sorry, Duffy," she mocked in a sassy tone, "but I don't think that's in the rules, right, Ru-Ru?"

The naked-mole-shark glared at Killigan and shook his head, "ut-uh."

The man's hand slapped the mat a few times as he tried to extend it beyond Shego's and to the next spot. Eventually, after the naked-mole-shark had given him a threatening chomp of encouragement, he managed to plant it firmly on the spot. "Ha, there she goes."

"Well, it's about time," Drakken huffed irritably as Ru-Ru spun his spinner of torment. "I think we should impose a time limit from now on."

Shego, who had seen what the spinner had just landed on, burst out laughing. "Yeah, well, hate to break it to you, Dr D, but you'll be first for the chomp."

"Say what?" the mad scientist then said in confusion.

"It's your turn and you just hit right foot green!"

Drakken's eyes glanced over to the Twister wheel and widened in horror as he let out a loud, sheer gasp, followed by, "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!"

Shego laughed again, "don't ask me. You're supposed to be the genius, you figure it out."

"Heh, heh, heh, heh!" Ru-Ru laughed evilly and licked his lips in anticipation of claiming another taste of flesh.

She watched as Drakken struggled to lift his right foot from a red spot, bring it around Killigan towards his own chest and then extend it forward over her head and touch it back down on the mat.

"There," Drakken said, "am I on the spot?"

Shego gave him a smirk, "I'll let Ru-Ru tell you."

Drakken's foot began to flail around, trying to locate a spot that he could not see, as the naked-mole-shark leapt off his perch. "NO... WAIT! I CAN..."

"Time's up, Dr D."

"AHHHH!" One last slap of the mad scientist's foot hitting the mat sounded and his yell ended; the naked-mole-shark having 'guided' it onto the spot. Drakken then shot her a sour look, "I hope you have to do the same!"

"Don't be a meanie, Drewbie," Amy scolded. "It's not nice to wish bad things on others."

"Ach, , Woman," Duff chipped in. "It's all in good humour."

Shego rolled her eyes, "urgh, can we please just get on with this."

This was only the first game and already she was feeling her sanity slip away. Why do I end up in these situations? An image of Miss Go flashed through her mind and she shuddered. However, she was beginning to wonder if putting up with the rouge part of her mind would actually have been less grating than putting up with this bunch of loonies. And I thought Drakken by himself was irritating! Her eyes glanced over to Ru-Ru's perch, as the naked-mole-shark hopped back up and spun the spinner once more. It went around several times before landing on...