Chapter 17: Dancing with the devil

Chapter Seventeen: Dancing with the devil

Shego had slept in that morning. After exerting all her energy in a continuous burst of plasma the previous night, she had been utterly exhausted. When her alarm clock had gone off at six am, she'd vaporized it with a single shot from her finger, rolled over and gone back to sleep. Needless to say, she'd need to replace it yet again. Eventually, at the back of eleven, she'd finally risen and staggered downstairs. While a pot of coffee had been brewing, she'd sourced copious amounts of sausages, bacon and eggs plus a full tin of baked beans, dumped the lot into a segregated frying pan and used her glow to cook it all in seconds. If anyone had known her on an intimate sort of level, this would have been akin to a flashing red warning light; telling people that she was not in a good mood. She had not even bothered to use a plate, rather sat the pan down atop a heat resistant mat on the breakfast bar and then consumed the lot; along with the full pot of coffee and half a carton of orange juice. Her appetite always ravenous the morning after such an explosion of her glow.

It was now almost half-one in the afternoon and Shego had holed herself up inside the basement. The single room spanned the entire area of the house and was probably safer from an atomic blast than most bomb shelters, even though it was just one level underground. The walls were thick, reinforced mad-science steel and durable enough to withstand even the longest and most fearsome blasts from her glow. Yes, in time she would probably be able to cut her way through, but it would take her days, possibly longer. There was also a ventilation system, made up of several small ducts, rather than a singular one through which pesky tween heroes could crawl. That was not to say that there was no escape route, should GJ somehow break in upstairs and trap her down here. That purpose was served by a single shaft, hidden by a sliding panel and secured on the inside with a large, old fashioned, un-hackable, manual bolt. No one was getting through that from the opposite side. Ok, so maybe the whole thing was overkill, but she was both a super-villain and sensible.

"...you know..."

BAM! Shego hit the Wavemaster, who's surface was a woven mesh of the same steel as the walls, with a side-kick that sent it flying backwards.

"...if you'd just..."

Fuck you! Springing into the air, she caught the punching bag on the rebound with a jumping-turning-kick.

"...how about..."

Fuck Danni! Landing on one foot, Shego seamlessly transitioned into a spinning-turning kick and then a reverse-hook-kick.

"...ok, so you're mad, I get..."

She closed to hand range and started pummelling the bag with an intense barrage of hand techniques that lasted two solid minutes.

"...if you just take a moment to..."

AND FUCK KIMMIE! "ARGH!!" Shego yelled as she ignited her glow and blasted the Wavemaster across the room.

She stood there, enveloped in a bright green glow, hands wreathed in plasma, as she drew panted breaths in through gritted teeth. This was getting her nowhere. She'd been training for two hours solid, yet even in the shortest of breaks between techniques, her own personal pain in the ass had inserted itself; desperate to draw her attention to it and the events of the previous night. She could not recall the last time her own mind had been so set against her will. It was downright infuriating! Unfortunately, she was spent. Picking up a towel, Shego wiped the warm sweat from her face and headed for the stairs.

"So, now that you're all warmed up, ready for the main event?"

GO AWAY! Internally she threw a plasma ball, but as always, she hit nothing.