Chapter 05: Daydreaming

Author's note:

Hey, folks, welcome back. I hope you are all enjoying the story thus far.

For those of you that are interested, both the story title and chapter names are taken from either the titles of songs or their lyrics (on occasion I may make a slight alteration). I will list where they have all come from at the end of chapter six. Anyway, I had initially titled this chapter Experiment with destiny, however, I was listening to the Paramore track Daydreaming while writing and it got to the lyric, 'It's not that I won't remember where I'm from, just don't wanna be here no more. It's not enough, we're only half alive...' and I thought, Wow that fits perfectly with how I imagine Kim feels when she is back home at this point in her life. So, with that in mind and because the title fits, I've renamed this chapter Daydreaming.

Ok, so last two things before we get going, promise, I feel I should warn you all that this chapter depicts nudity and includes the description of a sexual act. If you think that sort of material will make you uncomfortable, then please read at your own risk. I also feel that I should point out that my depiction of Middleton High's attitude towards homosexuality is taken from my own experience of high school life in the early 2000s. I am aware that in the majority of places, there is far greater tolerance towards homosexuality than there was 20 years ago. However, that is the time period in which Kim Possible is set and so that is how I have chosen to depict the school. Personally, I have always been a strong supporter of the LGBT community and so any views on the subject that may possibly be construed as negative are purely those of the characters in question; not my own.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy chapter 5 and I'll see you shortly for chapter 6, enjoy.

##

Oww. That was the sum total of Kim Possible's thoughts when she awoke on Saturday morning. Opening her eyes, she was met by beams of bright sunlight breaking through the gaps in the blinds and casting her bedroom in a warm glow. Fuck, I hurt absolutely everywhere. She winced in pain as multiple parts of her body protested at her attempt to roll onto her side. What time is it? Her gaze fell upon her alarm clock and she groaned; 10:30 am. I should have been up hours ago. I've missed my morning workout and breakfast and I've not checked the Kimmunicator since five o'clock last night. A mirthless laugh escaped from her lips. Yeah, the world's going to have to do without Kim Possible, I'm totally going incommunicado today. She grimaced as she felt another stab of pain from her left-hand side. Heh, probably gonna have to make that the rest of the weekend. No hero work for me until Monday morning. A cheesy smile formed on her lips. But it was so worth it. She'd got home at half-past one in the morning, her dance with Shego having lasted a full hour. It had then taken her forty-five minutes to properly assess and treat her numerous wounds, which included having to strap her ribs; the two instances she'd been thrown to the ground having caused serious bruising and possibly a crack or two.

Kim lay amidst the soft sheets and duvet of her king-sized bed; Pandaroo beside her, a look of joyous discomfort smeared across her face. Movement by movement, blow by blow... wound by wound, she replayed her fight with Shego inside her head; each injury flaring up when she recalled the attack that caused it. Fuck, with no Drakken to get in the way, we really went at it last night. She grinned at the recollection of the horror in her rival's eyes when she caught her out with that vortex throw. Heh, she didn't see that one coming. Her mind then moved through the barrage of kicks she had dished out, culminating in the one Shego had caught. Yeah and I never saw that coming. She winced as her back ached at the memory of being slammed into the ground. Things got a bit hazy from that point onwards as they started grappling with each other on the ground. Kim's body relaxed and her breathing steadied as the fight culminated in the pair of them lying on the ground; both utterly spent. Best fight ever! Her eyes involuntarily closed as she once more slipped into unconsciousness.