Chapter 06: Solitary mind games

Author's note:

See, I told you I'd see you all shortly. So, now that we've seen the aftermath from Kim's perspective, it's time to jump in and see how Shego is getting on.

Throughout the other KiGo stories that I've read, I've seen different interpretations of Shego's glow abilities and so I've chosen to include my own take of them. Also, because the show gives us very little in the way of details on her background, I've seen various interpretations of Shego's life before we first meet her in the show. As I write this story, I am slowly developing my own backstory for the character, the first few details of which you will discover in this chapter. I hope you all enjoy my take on the character.

Anyway, that's about it for now, so enjoy chapter six and I'll see you all at the end.

##

The sound of... nothing. That was what greeted Shego when she woke up around about noon on Saturday. Yet even that proved to be too loud for the green-skinned woman to tolerate. Fuck, my head hurts! Indeed, even this simple thought brought with it a stab of pain. Son of a... she hastily cut the curse short in her head. Reaching out a hand, she grabbed around for the nearest cushion to shove over her head at the anticipation of how much worse things were going to be when she opened her eyes. It took several attempts before she could withstand the daylight that streamed in through her open blinds. What the hell happened to me last night? I recall going to Spritzers, meeting Kimmie, having dinner and a few drinks with her... Fuck I spent the evening with Kimmie! She let out a low groan as this did not adequately explain her current state. What the hell else did I do? An attempt at sitting up brought about stabbing pain in various different parts of her body. Now I remember, we went to Middleton High's playing fields and kicked the shit out of one another for an hour. "Urgh," she groaned on remembering how the whole affair had ended. I made that stupid joke about her asking me out on a date and then she had to go and ask me what I'd say if she did. And then I capped it off by telling her that I wouldn't consider it unless she was serious about dating a girl. God, I'm a fucking moron.

Finally managing to make it into a sitting position, Shego's foot caught against something hard lying on the floor. Stooping down she picked it up, unsurprised to find it was an empty bottle of tequila; a rather expensive one. Well, when I get absolutely hammered, at least I do it with good taste. She could recall getting home now, staggering up the front steps and unlocking the front door with only the briefest of flashes from her glow. An action necessitated by some feeling that, like Kim, she too should suffer the consequences of their dance. She'd then used the tequila to dull the pain and to try and forget how monumentally stupid she'd been with that idiotic date comment. Heh, guess I took it a tad too far with the hooch. She had half a mind to turn on her glow there and then, to rid her of both the headache and start the healing process, but some part of her addled brain stopped her from doing so. Since when did I become such a martyr? Still, if I don't do something about this pain I might actually vomit.

In the most unconvincing fashion imaginable, Shego got to her feet, having to use the armrest for support until she was fully upright. Ok, first things first, painkillers. She took a step away from the sofa and froze. Did she even have any painkillers? Her glow dealt with all her injuries fairly quickly, albeit painfully and also with any hangovers she incurred on nights she fell asleep before using it to burn the alcohol from her system. Shit, if she had no painkillers, her options were either suffer or use her glow. The part of her brain that wanted her to just use the damn thing and be done with it reared its ugly head again, but still she suppressed the urge. Let's at least take a look first.

It was a futile search. None of the cupboards in any of the bathrooms, nor any in the kitchen had even an empty packet of Tylenol. It also transpired that she had no first aid kit. However, that was less of an issue. None of her injuries were liable to kill her if they did not get treated soon, otherwise, she'd be dead already, in which case it didn't matter. At least she'd been able to change into some loungewear while upstairs. Trudging into the kitchen, she boiled a large pot of coffee and took it back to the living room; electing not to chance something to eat. Pouring a mug of thick, tar-like liquid, she sat down on the sofa with a sour expression on her face. Since when did I become such a masochist? Not since Kimmie had kicked her into that electrical tower had she been in pain for such a protracted period. Why am I even doing this? I should just activate my glow and let my mind leave my body while it patches me up. She took a sip of her coffee and waited for the devil's advocate part of her brain to rouse itself. She hated that smug bastard.