Author's note: Chapter titles

As promised, here is a rundown of all the chapter titles and the songs they are taken from.

Owner of a lonely heart: another song by Yes, this time taken from their 90125 album. I thought it described how Kim was feeling perfectly.

Born to be wild: Song by Steppenwolf. Personally, a perfect description of Shego.

Set the fire to the first bar: Song from Snow Patrol's Eyes open, but with the word third changed to first. A metaphorical fire was ignited within Spritzers that night and with the two ladies in question, it could easily have become a literal one.

This is how we dance: Lyric from the Paramore song Let the flames begin, from their Riot! album. An apt description of the events in this chapter.

Daydreaming: Song from Paramore's self-titled album. Not only did I feel some of the lyrics described Kim's life at home perfectly, but the song title also fit the events in the chapter.

Solitary mind games: Song by space rock outfit Hawkwind, from their Choose your masques album. I felt this described the situation going on with Shego in this chapter.

Home, home again: Lyric from Breathe (reprise) from Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon. An apt description of what happened in this chapter

There's someone in my head, but it's not me: Slightly altered lyric from the Pink Floyd song, Brain Damage, also from The Dark Side of the Moon. I thought this a brilliant description of what was going on inside Shego's head.

Seeing it as you really are: A track from Hawkwind's self-titled debut album. This perfectly fit what happened to Kim in this chapter

It's what we do: Song from The Endless River, the final Pink Floyd album. This chapter was Kim and Shego doing the day job and so the title reflected this perfectly.

I am you and what I see is me: Lyric from the Pink Floyd song, Echoes; from their Meddle album. This was another great lyric that depicts how Shego's mind works.

Parallels: Song from the Yes album, Going for the One. Given the literal parallel between this and the pervious chapter, this song title leant itself perfectly to this chapter.

Poles apart: Song from Pink Floyd's album, The Division Bell. This song title perfectly conveyed the idea of Kim and Shego approaching their 'date' with two polar mindsets. This chapter was also broken up into three parts. Déjà vu: song from Roger Waters (read Pink Floyd) album, Is this the Life we Really Want? a perfect fit for this part, given that Kim and Shego had done the same thing a week prior. So I open my door to my enemy... and ...but she tells me to please go fuck myself: both taken from the Pink Floyd track, Lost for words; again from The Division Bell. These summed up what happened in the respective parts of this chapter; from both Kim and Shego's perspectives.

You re-arrange me till I'm sane: Another lyric from Brain Damage, this time pertaining to how part of Kim's brain forces her to believe that she is straight and a reference to the horrible truth that homosexuals were once incarcerated in lunatic asylums.

You drown me out: A song by The Blackheart Orchestra, from their Diving for Roses album and relating to Shego both physical (with alcohol) and metaphorically trying to drown out the voice of her devil's advocate.

You and your friend: A song by Dire Straits from their final album, On every street. Given this chapter was about Kim and Monique, it was a perfect fit.

Dancing with the devil: A lyric from the Motorhead song, Ace of Spades; from the album of the same name. A reference to both the fact Shego listens to and sings this song in this chapter and her continual argument with her devil's advocate.

Mother's going to keep baby healthy and clean: Lyric from the Pink Floyd song, Mother; from their album, The Wall. Given this chapter showed Kim getting a full medical exam from Ann, this lyric fit perfectly.

The pleasure is to play: Another lyric from Ace of Spades and a reference to the fact it was boardgame day at Dr Drakken's. The chapter also had part titles. Twist and Shout: a Deacon Blue song, from their album Fellow Hoodlums and a reference to them playing Twister. I shot the Sheriff: an Eric Clapton song and referencing the fact Kim Possible was the murder victim in the villains version of Clue. Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash: a lyric from Pink Floyd's song, Money; from The Dark Side of the Moon and used because they were playing Monopoly.

Dragon's and fables: A Hawkwind song from their Earth Ritual EP. This was a reference to the Barkin-dragon and the fact Kim ended up stoned on painkillers.

The ace of spades: This time I used the actual song name, as Shego lost the Poker game to Killigan because of this card.

I can feel the pressure: Lyric from the Paramore song Pressure, from their debut album, All we Know is Falling. This was referencing the fact that Kim was feeling a lot of pressure about going out and meeting a boy.

O cho meallt: This song title is in Gaelic (Scottish) and by the Scottish band Runrig; from their Heartland album. It translates to, Oh how deceitful, and perfectly described Killigan's date with Shego.

It isn't only me that you are running from: A slightly altered lyric from the Pink Floyd song, Poles Apart; form The Division Bell. It referenced the idea that Kim wasn't just running from Shego, but the fact she is actually gay.

I can't breathe anymore: A song by David Gilmour (read Pink Floyd) from his self-titled debut solo album. In this chapter, Kim literally had trouble breathing, but it also referenced the idea that she feels constrained while in Middleton.

Running over the same old ground: A lyric from the Pink Floyd song Wish You Were Here; from the album of the same name. This pertained to how Shego keeps going over the same things inside her head, but makes little progress.

Mother's going to keep you right here under her wing: Another lyric from the Pink Floyd song Mother; from The Wall. Again, this was another chapter to heavily feature Ann and so the title reflects both this and the fact she placed Kim under house arrest.

It'll be a good day: A song by Yes, from their album The Ladder. After some soul searching the previous night, Shego finally got a good day in this chapter.

Marooned: Another song from Pink Floyd's, The Division Bell and a reference to how Kim felt while trapped in the Possible house.

Five-percent for nothing: This is a very short Yes song, from their album, Fragile. This was an in joke as both the song and this chapter were very much just filler.

If you let me, I will catch fire: A lyric from the Paramore song, Part II; from their self-titled album. This referenced the fact that Kim's temper was so close to the surface, that almost anything was causing her to combust.

Let the flames begin: Song by Paramore, from their album, Riot! This chapter kicked off the events that led to the volcano lair incident and so the title reflects it as a starting point.

The flames burn higher and higher: Lyric from the Hawkwind song, Fahrenheit 451; from their Choose Your Masques album. A reference to the intensity of Kim's anger increasing.

Dance on a volcano: Title of a Genesis song, from their album, A trick of the tail. I actually chose the location for Drakken's lair because I wanted to use this as a chapter title. And, of course, it references Kim and Shego fighting on the Volcano.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire: A Meatloaf song from his Bat out of Hell II album. A well known phrase and one that describes how the situation develops between Kim and Shego.

Girl meets girl and watch it explode: Another Meatloaf song, this time from his Welcome to the Neighbourhood album. An apt chapter title, given that the girls have just kissed for the first time and the lair explodes around them.

The violent sequence: An unreleased Pink Floyd song and the piece that eventually became Us and Them from The Dark Side of the Moon. This title was apt for the chapter and the music itself a fitting soundtrack for me.

Your Possible past: A song from Pink Floyd's album, The Final Cut. A perfect title for a chapter that delved into Kim's past.