Feud

She very well understood the tension in the air. Putting a brave mask and went towards Harry, tugging at Ron who walked uneasily.

Harry put on a brave mask and looked straight at their faces.

Both of them stood towering over Harry. Hermione summoned two armchairs, pushed Ron on one and sat uneasily herself.

After inhaling a deep breath, she drew the courage to speak;

' We all need to talk. Now.'

Silence.

'Ok, so I'll start. You two need to set things right. You're best friends.'

'Gramatical error Hermione:  were best friends. It should be said in past tense now ' Ron said sarcastically.

'Is there any chance we can change that from past tense to the present tense?' Harry said irritated. Somewhere in the back of his head, he hoped Ron would be ready to restore their friendship.

But he wouldn't show it.

There was pin drop silence. The fire had almost died. It stayed alive because of the sun like glow of the firewood. The condition of the fire was as dire as the friendship of the trio.

Ron and Harry stared at each other with dead faces, revealing no emotion flowing through their inner minds, with Hermione in the center of the circle.

'I can't do this.' Ron said.

'What?????' Harry exclaimed the surprise in his voice unhidden.

'Yes, I can't. Potter, do you know what I think of you?  You're greedy. Selfish. Fame hungry.'   

His face was purple with anger.

'People think you're trying to seek attention. WRONG. You are trying to seek attention. I really don't like this side of you. Because this greedy side of you makes you no better than longbottom.'

With this, he stormed out. And Hermione went after him.

Their friendship was over for good.

Harry knew Ron was upset but he didn't know he thought like what he said. And Hermione who wanted the problem solved only knew and supported one side of the feud. He couldn't feel anything but.

Disappointed.

He went back to the boys dormitory.  But he didn't have the heart to sleep under the same roof as Weasley.

He looked at the sleeping people. Dean, Seamus and Ron. They looked peaceful.

Harry couldn't help but feel jealous. They all are so peaceful.  

Everyone kept their opinions. Not knowing his side, the side they didn't want to believe or consider. Maybe that's just how the world was. There are three sides to everything. One was the attacker's side, one the victim's and the third side, usually the most bitter one, the one that cannot be altered; the truth.  

He walked to his bed, with a hunched back and pulled his trunk from underneath. He kicked open the trunk and took the unlimited paged diary, gift from Sebastian and pouch from beneath.

He desended the stairs leading into the common room and sat on one of the chairs, belonging to the long tables.

He sat down, half expecting some relief. He thought about his feud with Ron and Hermione. What everyone saw him as. Greedy. Selfish. Fame hungry. Thirsty for attention. He thought this won't affect him, at first. But he was, somewhere in the back of his head, where all the ignored insults from everyone lingered. Sometimes , it stung a little more, sometimes it came crashing down, yanking one into reality.