Second task, clue one

Harry stood in front of the tub with his hands clutching the egg. The water, luke warm rushed out of the tap, and had filled one quarter of the tub. 

Odd, at one in the night, sinking into a tub. Odd indeed. But when you want to make it alive out of a tournament you didn't enter in the first place, you have to do what you have to do.

The person in the letter was right about the mermaid part, there were mermaids carved on its side, so small, small enough to go unnoticed. Maybe observation was the key, and it would work , or it was all just a prank, done for the sake f it. 

Either way, there's no harm trying. And as if he was doing a splendid job figuring things out. 

He turned off the tap. The tub was now half filled, with steam spilling out of the tub that looked inviting than ever to just slip in and relax. Harry prodded one finger into the hot bath, and found the water just the right temperature.

He submerged the egg under water, twisted its top, and to his remote surprise, the egg did not screech like a dragon tied to a leash. Instead, when he focused on the muffled sounds in the water, it sounded like someone was singing.

One second you screech like a dragon, and the next you sing like a nightingale?? Unbelievable things.

Without another thought, he ducked his head into the water.

Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;
We've taken what you will sorely miss,
An hour you have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour- the prospects Black,
Too late, its gone, it won't come back.

Harry gasped for air in water, inhaling a large amount of water by accident and then jerked his head out. He coughed and spluttered as much water as he could fro his respiratory tract. 

He thought. 

No he didn't. Why?? Because he forgot what he heard.

Really, Harry??? 

SO he sucked a big breath and ducked his head in again. He listened to the chorus again.

Then he ducked his head again, and listened to the chorus for the third time.

Still no luck. Then the fourth. 

So they take something, you go looking for it, and you have an hour. That's what he interpreted. There weren't any questions.  But how, where, when, what will they take?????

Okay, maybe he had more questions than answers.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'So let me get this straight.' Bonnie paused, 'Somebody just randomly sends you the clue to crack the egg, and it turns out to NOT be a prank but the actual clue.' 

'Yeah.'

'Yeah, that's not at all suspicious.' She scoffed sarcastically.

The scariest part is that it worked. She was sure it couldn't have been either of the other champions. Krum and Fleur were from different academies, and after what she's seen, Cedric didn't really seem like he wanted to lend a helping hand. 

Did he tell Harry about the dragons??? NO.

'You know, I get tired, why does all this have to be so hard??' Harry groaned with frustration.

'BECAUSE, it isn't supposed to be easy, Harry. This is the Triwizard Tournament.'

'And like I put my name in there.' He scoffed quietly.

'Harry just calm down, okay?? You'll figure this out. We'll figure this out.' She said, reassuring him with a squeeze, which he returned, with a goofy smile.