Trampled toes

It was twelve thirty in the night, and Harry hadn't returned yet. Hermione gave out a loud exasperated sigh, after catching a look at a carefree, sleepy Ron, who eyes were drooping shut. She had snapped at him many times, to wait, but she guessed that she had to give up finally. She nudged Ron's shoulder, waking him up and told him to go to bed. Part of her felt annoyed at Harry's immaturity and was screaming at her to give up on waiting, but part of her also thought she shouldn't give up, he's a friend after all. Her own body was on the verge of collapsing of her wariness. 

'Harry'll come eventually, we should go to bed.' She muttered warily. Ron was so tired Hermione had to haul him upon her and take him to the stairs, where they dashed against a tall figure. It was Dean Thomas. 

'Did y'all forget how to walk??' Ron hissed at them. 

'I should ask you the same question, and what are you doing, sitting till late in the night? I mean there's no school tomorrow either.' 

'We were waiting for Harry, who didn't return after he went to the library.' Hermione said, irritatedly, rubbing her nose with her palm that hit Dean's chin. 

'He was the first one in our dormitory to fall on the bed. Go check if you want to.' Dean said, heading to the bathroom.

Hermione and Ron, both lost their drouziness within mere seconds and jolted up the stairs. Ron kicked open the door with the board "Fourth Year", and indeed, there he was, Sleeping like a log. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'Peter, you fool! You had one job, to keep that man in our sight and you disappoint us.' A voice hissed. Peter Pettigrew trembled in fright. 

'I-I'm-m ss-sorr-y M-m-master.' 

'Stop it with your "S-s-sorry's"' Another voice said mockingly. 'Now that old coot has got a hint, not that his crackly old brain will figure it out, but you've just made it easier for him.' 

'Oh B, you don't worry. The old coot is just too caught up with the so called "Boy Who Lived" and his fame, and is just a stuck up old man with an unearned entitlement.' The voice hissed happily. 

 A person showed their arm. There was a mark, on an arm out streched to the person.

'Its darkening, they must have noticed, master.' 

'Sure they would have. There will be many, who will turn on us.' 

'We will destroy them all together, master.' 

'Yes, we will destroy them all. I will destroy them all.'

The dream slowly dissolved in darkness, and a subconscious Harry could feel agony and rage sweeping him away. There was, a sixteen year old boy, yelling loudly with a diary on the floor, its pages being turned violently by the unnatural wind. Then the scene switched to a valley, burning to its destruction, with many masked people chanting and enjoying every bit of it, as they satisfied hell and beyond. Then there were several people in robes fighting till their last straw, their lives taken away mercilessly. Then there was a scream and Harry James Potter woke up, drenched in cold sweat.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Hogwarts grounds were covered with snow, which crunched under Harry's feet, as he walked alongside Bonnie. They walked in silence in the cold winter. Today wazs the Yule Ball, he ought to be excited, but had two problems in his mind. One was the dream he had, and second was;

'I don't know how to dance.' He whined silently  in the crowded Great Hall. 

'I didn't expected you to know either.' Bonnie said.