The catastrophic corridor

It is dinnertime at Hogwarts. And Harry , for the thousandth time explained.
"Ok , I will say it again. I am the youngest seeker in a century."
"Bloody hell ", Ron whispered. "That means you will get a broom and have a chance to beat Slytherin's horses."

"I am kinda proud that I broke the rule." Harry said happily when a pair of arms wrapped around him.

"Oh congratulations!" Daniel squealed "Now you're on the team . Let's celebrate later, ok? " He asked squeezing Harry hard. He didn't know what Daniel meant but it must be something good Harry thought.

"Which broom do you really want?" Ron drawled. "If I were you I would like at least a comet 260, cleansweep 7 or the best broom right now , THE NIMBUS 2000!! "Ron said dreamily drooling on his food.

"So now you get rewarded for breaking rules? " Someone questioned from behind. It was Hermione.

"Mind your own business, Hermione". Ron snapped. Then, an owl 🦉 came flying in and the package it was carrying was no pixie. In fact,it was the largest package he had ever seen. The owl swooped down right infront of Harry and Ron dropping the package and knocking down half of the food on the table.
"Bloody hell! " Ron exclaimed not even lowering his voice. In a rush of aredelene they began tearing the package open when Oliver Smith and professor McGonagall came upto them and dragged them out of the great hall.
"What in the merlin's beard are you both doing? If you open the package in front of everyone , every first year would ask for a broom. "

"The boys are just excited to look at what Mr Potter has got for Harry. " Oliver said in a calm tone. They all rushed to the common room and as soon as they entered , Harry and Ron dug in. It was a Cleansweep 7 James got for Harry with a letter on it.
"Cleansweep 7 it is , a decent broom ." Oliver said in a tone of curiosity and amusement. Harry noticed the note inside it and opened it.

Dear Harry ,
I am proud and disappointed by your behavior. You disobeyed your teacher and could have got yourself expelled. Very bad. But a place in the quidditch team in your first year, incredible. So your punishment is NO CHRISMAS GIFT FOR YOU, HA! And your gift, you have to open it.
With a lot of love. Dad.

Harry rolled his eyes at this and Ron giggled.

"Your dad's interesting , Harry."

Both the boys went back to the great hall for dinner 🍴🍲 when they found out that Harry getting the broom and him becoming the youngest seeker  had somehow leaked out and they were ' the talk '. They ignored all glaring and excited eyes on them and sat on the table. They ate their dinner in an ☮️ peaceful, yet oddly unsettling way. Many griffindors congratulated him on his new position whereas the Slytherins sneered at him. All other houses seemed to be happy , much to Slytherin's discontent. All Gryffindors were proud of Harry, well except one.

" Ok, he definitely cheated. Potter in the Quidditch team , never. I deserve that spot."  Longbottom told his friends.
"There come the seeker. " Cornor sneered.
"The attention seeker rather than the Quidditch seeker." Davis pointed out in a sheer attempt to impress The Boy who lived. But Harry and Ron took no notice and continued eating, for now.

" Who do you think would have leaked out this news ?" Harry inquired.
"Probably it's Her." Ron said with disgust. Harry kinda understood why. She was whining and complaining on how it is inexcusable that they're bending the rules just for Harry. The Gryffindor who she was nagging, Seamus Finaginn and his friend Dean Thomas rolled their eyes in response.
"This is not gonna go well no, no no, Hermione is coming." Harry whined.

"At all, Malfoy is coming with his bodyguards and nooo, there comes Longbottom....." Ron trailed off.

"Well, ok then. I am not hungry let's Just go back to the common room. "