Why?

It was around ten in the night, and many people older than her were burning the midnight oil, not that it was an uncommon sight in the Ravenclaw common room. Bonnie herself was buy writing her ancient runes essay. Her bushy and averagely long hair was tied at the back into a bun, something she did mostly to concenrate without her hair getting in the way, while she did homework or studied. Padma had gone to bed after a long time, and Luna, sat on the armchair beside her, woke r not, she didn't know. Or a better thing to say about Luna, no one knows if she's there or not. Bonnie turned away from Luna and concenrated on her essay. After writing the last of her lines, she put the quill between her teeth an re read her essay for any errors. 

She heard a flutter of wings and her family owl, Miffy, collapsed onto the table, spilling ink onto Bonnies essay. 'Miffy' She gaped. With a wave of her wand, she fixed her homework, but her focus was on the package Miffy bought. No wonder she had collapsed. There was a enormous package on the table, wrapped in brown paper, with a letter attached to it. it was from her mother, who said it was a surprise she looked forward to give to her. Bonnie ripped pen the package, to see some blue material. Eager to see what it was, she rushed upstairs with the packet, and to the fourth year girls dorms. She took the material out of the packet, threw the packet aside and  the blue material unfurled. She held a floaty cobalt blue gown, with netted material near her neckline and puffy sleeves near her shoulder. She had sent matching shoes for her as well. It was gorgeous. Whoever said that mothers know what's best for their children was completely right. 

Bonnie rushed downstairs, grabbing her Letters, homeworks, parchment quill and her bag and went back up. She wrote her mother a thank you letter for the gown and then decided to go through the rest of the letters. She got two more letters; One from Harry telling he had finished his ancient runes homework aeons ago and he didn't need remainders from her. The third letter she got was from Krum. Said he wanted to ask her something, and he'll do it sooner or later.. Krum seemed to like her, for he was constantly sending her letters and attempting to talk to her. He was the first boy, apart from Harry who actually wanted to be with her. She didn't know why. She thought he was with the Victor Krum Fan club all the time, a group of girls who drooled over him, spyed on him, and basically never left him alone.  She pushed thoughts about Krum away, and why he would want to meet her.

Then there was another letter, from Oliver, as a reply to the letter she sent for the letter he sent. Not the kind of letter to check on her, but the Gryffindor Quidditch team. When he sent that letter, Bonnie got mad about the fact that he's more worried about those losers than her, so she snapped at him, telling him how bad it was, with the scores 220 to 20, with Slytherin winning the match. She made a huge mistake.

From his letter, it was so obvious that he was in freak out mode. He wasn't informed about the fact that Longbottom was the new captain, and the team was completely new. So thinking the team was captaind by Angelina, he was so furious. He couldn't believe that any team Captained by her, would lose so badly and the rest of the team members were so bad. He said he was resigning from his job he earned at the Ministry recently, to coach the whole Gryffindor team, something dad won't be happy  if he does that. Before Oliver resigns, she has to tell him about the whole thing.

So she hurriedly wrote a letter telling that Angelina was no longer the captain, how Longbottom kicked the whole Quidditch team out of the Quidditch team and made his own team with a bunch of dunderheards. 

She just hoped Oliver hasn't resigned or done anything stupid before the letter reaches him.   

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 Several weeks had passed since the showdown between Gryffindor and Slytherin, with the scores 220 to 20, with Slytherin emerging victorious. Gryffindor lost, badly. And Harry couldn't look at the Slytherins's face directly anymore. All the other houses weren't happy either, for Slytherin won the cup almost every year. And defeating Gryffindor id just one step closer to their victory.