First experiences

The train had come to a hault. A giant man named Rubeus Hagrid urged the students to move along.
"Firs' yers ! Firs' yers come along with meh! he boomed.(for those who don't know Hagrid has a different slang).
"Hi Hagrid." Harry said brightly.
"Hiya Harry I will see more of yeh at Hogwarts here."
There was a lot of pushing and excitement was in the air . Hagrid led the first years through a gate . From far they could see what a magnificent place Hogwarts was. They had to go to school by rowing across the black lake.
" Two in one please ! Two in one !" Hagrid called out.
"Trevor!" A clumsy boy named Seamus called out.
"Yea' he's all yours" Hagrid said patting Trevor on his head.
Harry and Ron sat together in one boat and admired the beauty of their new ' home ' . Once they got down the boats and went to the entrance of the castle and Hagrid handed the first years to a strict looking woman. She was a thin but strict looking woman whose hair was tied back to a bun. Harry Potter knew that never in his time at Hogwarts should he take a chance with a woman like her. He found out that she was professor McGonagall. Professor McGonagall led the first years outside a magnificent door and left them . None of them spoke. Then a flood of ghosts came swarming towards the first years . Professor McGonagall then came and said:
"Attention students, from today onwards Hogwarts is like home to you all . You will all be sorted into four houses ; Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. You are expected to follow all the rules . Your triumph will bring you house points whereas any rule breaking you will lose points . At the end of year, the house with the most house points ,wins. Now follow me students." she said. The magnificent door had opened, the sight was beholding . The great hall very large . It had four tables each for a house filled with students. At the end of the hall there was a long table for the staff and in the middle sat the mighty Albus Dumbledore. The floating candles and a starry ceiling was like icing over a cake. Harry had read all about Hogwarts in books but to see all that for real was a completely different kettle of fish 🐟. The bossy Granger girl was telling everyone about what she had read about the bewitched ceiling and candles . The truth was that Harry read as many books as Hermione but didn't show off. All the first years huddled into each other and professor McGonagall bought a stool and a patched, frayed hat . The hat sang a song and then professor McGonagall called each student . The student put the hat on and the hat sorted them into their houses. Malfoy, Crabbe , Goyle(Crabbe and goyle are Malfoy's friends) and pankinson were in Slytherin . Luna Lovegood and Bonnie Smith(bonnie is Harry's neighbour & friend who will play a big role in this series later) were in Ravenclaw. Susan Bones, Hannah Abott and Ernie Macmillan were in Hufflepuff.
"Longbottom, Neville" professor McGonagall called out.
There were whispers in the great hall about him being the ' boy who lived ' and ' the chosen one '. Neville was enjoying the attention he got. McGonagall placed the hat on Neville's head . After some time the hat shouted 'GRYFFINDOR!' . The Gryffindors cheered and shouted 'Neville Longbottom, the boy who lived, the chosen one is in our house!!!!'. Even professor McGonagall had a small,thin smile on her face.
"Potter, Harry", professor McGonagall called out. Harry walked towards the McGonagall . He could hear his own heartbeat . He sat on the stool and McGonagall put the hat on his head. His brother saw how nervous he was and gave him a thumbs up .
" Not Slytherin , not Slytherin" he whispered .
"Not Slytherin eh?" The hat whispered back . "You could be great in Slytherin, you know. It is what is best for you ,do not rely on stereotypes , Mr. Potter."
"No, no ,no please , not Slytherin, not Slytherin", Harry said with tis fingers crossed under the stool.
"Ok, I give you an opportunity Mr. Potter like no other . You are selfless and couragious, you can be a gryffindor. You are wise and clever , you could be a ravenclaw. You are also ambitious and have powers you yourself aren't aware of, so you could be a Slytherin. I could allow you to choose your house Mr . Potter. But my experience with you tells you better be a,' GRYFFINDOR!!!'
The Gryffindors cheered loudly. Harry went up to the Gryffindor table and sat beside Daniel and his friends . Daniel ruffled his hair to show his affection.
"Wow Harry ,this is great we're both in the same house" , Daniel said.
Professor McGonagall then called out
"Weasley, Ron".
Ron nervously went to professor McGonagall sat on the stool. She put the hat on his head.
"Ha! Another Weasley" . The hat choaked. "You better be a 'GRYFFINDOR '!!
The Gryffindors cheered and Ron came upto Harry.
" Bloody hell Harry, we're in the same house!!!!"
"This is great!!!!"
"Granger, Hermione" professor McGonagall called out.
"GRYFFINDOR!!!" The hat shouted.
"Oh no , things are gonna be bad , Harry ." Ron said and cursed under his breath. Then Parvati patil , Seamus Finaginn, Dean Thomas and Lavender Brown were in Gryffindor.
Professor Dumbledore gave everyone a hearty welcome. All the students then sang the school song and Dumbledore then announced a few rules for first years.
1) Do no venture into the forbidden forest.
2)Do not loiter the school after hours (8:30pm for first to fourth years and 10 pm for fifth to seventh years)
3) Quidditch tryouts are for second years and above.
" And this rule is for all:
The third floor corridor is out of bounds to those whose do not wish to die a tragic death". Dumbledore said.
Harry somehow found that statement humorous even when it wasn't .
Dumbledore clapped his hands twice and plates full of food appeared . Harry and Ron dug in and got to know two other boys : Seamus Finaginn and Dean Thomas. All of them chatted and told about each other. After the start of the year feast every one followed the prefects and heads to their respective houses. Percy Weasley was one of the Gryffindor prefects and also Ron's third elder brother. Everyone followed Percy and the heads to the seventh floor where the Gryffindor common room was. There was a potrait of the fat lady .
"Password?"she asked . (The fat lady)
"Flobberworm" , Percy replied.
The potrait swung open which revealing the common room. It was a large room with long tables and cosy armchairs. There were two sets of stairs each on opposite sides of the room which lead to the boys and girls dormitories . Since everyone was tired everyone went to their dormitories to get some shut eye. All the buzz had started the next day .  Harry Potter slept soundly on his bed 🛌 not knowing what lay ahead of him  neither good nor bad . But it would have been best if he never did for three to four years at Hogwarts would reveal secrets about his life and his destiny. But for now he was safe and sound and that's what matters.
---------------------------------------------------------