King's Cross Station

It was the auspicious day Harry was waiting for since he was a kid. Today was 1st September the day he was to board the Hogwarts express. They recieved quiet a few raised eyebrows from passer by's (mostly muggles) as they dragged their trollies loaded with trunks and owl cages. Harry's parents brought him a snow white owl, he named Hedwig on his eleventh birthday on March the  thirty first.

"So boys, ready? " Dad asked.

"Not really" Harry muttered

"So Daniel you're going in first through platform 9- 3/4." mum said .

Daniel and mum went through pushing the trolley together and crossed the barrier. "Nervous are you ?" dad asked and Harry nodded. "Reminds me of the time I had to do it the first time."

"Can I go first if you two are done?" Brenda asked.

"Sure." dad said with a hint of uncertainty.

"What's wrong with her? She could cut down on being a outright git." Harry said grinding his teeth.

"Harry, she feels bad that she can't go to Hogwarts with both of you but she has a different way of expressing herself.." he trailed off.

How was dad so patient and understanding? he thought. Mum and dad helped with their luggage and Brenda just kept glaring at them, but even so, he could see sadness glinting someplace invisible. As dad rightly pointed out, she was indeed upset and both Daniel and Harry noticed that.

"It's ok Brenda we promise we'll write to you every week."

"Yeah even everyday if you want us to" Daniel said and we all hugged each other. A little later, Daniel's friends came.

"Hey Danielle, nice to see you after the holidays, come let's find a compartment." Fred said .

"Are you serious, your friends call you Danielle ?" Brenda asked in disbelief.

"It's their 'thing' I think " Harry said as he chuckled. Fred, George and Lee ran to each other shook hands and hugged.

"What will your friends call you Harriet?" Brenda asked .

"We'll see".

As he was going to get into the train, I saw a red haired boy who was making a fuss with his mother.

"Ronald , you've got something on your nose." his mother said trying to wipe it off. Harry chuckled and he turned around.

"See mum you've already embarrassed me , he said. At that time Fred, George, Daniel and Lee came .

"Daniel this is our younger brother Ron ,the boy who has dirt on his nose" , George said and everyone sniggered.

"Nice to meet you" Ron said grimly.

"And this is my younger brother Harry the boy whose mother always makes a fuss with him about his messy hair, Daniel said.

"Wow they're are embarrassing us even before we get on the train", Ron muttered.

"Tell me about it".

After waving good bye to their parents , Harry and Ron found an empty compartment in the train to themselves.

"I didn't introduce myself, I'm Harry Potter." , he said, "and you're Ron Weasley , right?"

"Yes , my older brothers introduce me stupidly" Ron said grimly his face growing red .

"As if Daniel introduced me any better" he said and both of them Chuckled.

"So you have twin brothers , don't you? Must be exciting.."

"It's a nightmare , honestly they are upright practical jokers."

"Well that's my brother as well, ever heard of jelled Jenga? Yup, it was Daniel." he replied.

"Whoa, what's jelly Jenga?" Ron asked curiously.

"It involves jelly put deep in shoes and socks, and a squishy gross surprise. " Ron and Harry laughed loudly at this.

"Not funny".

Harry and Ron had started to build a everlasting bond right away. They mostly talked about their family. Ron told Harry how it was to have 5 brothers and a sister and Harry told Ron how it was to have a prankster for a brother and and a grumpy toad for a sister. They both bought a few wizarding sweets like licorice wands , chocolate  frogs and Bertie bottie every flavour beans (they literally mean every flavour like liver , tart and maybe even earwax). Both of them filled their stomach with sweets and were getting to know each other.

"Do you collect these cards you get in the chocolate frog packets?" Ron asked.

"I'm not really a fan of collecting these cards.". Harry replied.

"Ok , let's see what you've got", he said as Harry opened the chocolate .

"Oh, I've got Albus Dumbledore", Harry exclaimed.

"And I got Morgana I've about six of her ".

As Harry read about Dumbledore's greatness when he defeated Grindelwald , for the discovery of 12 uses of dragon  blood and his relation with Nicolas Flamel, a girl with bushy brown hair and bucked teeth came into their compartment.

"Has anyone seen a toad ? A boy called Seamus has lost one."

"No."

"Oh I haven't even introduced myself , I am Hermione Granger. "

"I'm Harry Potter."

"I'm Ron Weasley."

"Ok , Ron Weasley, you've got something on your nose." she said as she left Ron embarrassed.
At that fraction of second, the same 'wiener' who Harry met I diagon alley came in .

"Oh , here's the wiener" Neville said , " he looks like such a loser doesn't he boys? " He directed to the two boys beside him. Both of them sniggered.

"Oh then who insulted my family , cried in front of their mother and pretended to be innocent is the real wiener" Harry replied coolly.

"Got the guts to fight?" Neville cooed mockingly at Harry.

"Yes but I'd rather not get involved in fights  even before I enter Hogwarts." Harry said pushing all three boys out of their compartment and shut the door on their face. Harry seethed with rage on seeing some people acting superior to him, but he had promised his mother and himself he wouldn't get into trouble, and he was determined to keep that going. For how long, he didn't know for a few more provoking attempts on behalf of those wieners could make Harry forget he knows God. Yes, he has a temper. It runs in the family.

"That was wise of you..." Hermione said. They had completely forgotten about Hermione. And the fact she said that, completely ignoring his rage which wasn't very well maskked either.

"Do you know Neville Longbottom? Ron and Hermione asked.

"Not really" and Harry explained them whatever happened at Madam Malkin's.

"Well , that explains a lot about him ." Ron said.

Then the other boy he had seen at Madam Malkin's came.

"Weasley, " he said dangerously" nice to meet you, blood traitor."

"Don't you dare call him that Malfoy." Harry spoke up .

"Well it isn't the wie- " (Harry pushes Malfoy out of compartment) .

"We don't have to get involved in any problems even before we go to Hogwarts." Hermione said

 "Wise decision Harry Potter , you are a ravenclaw material ." She said. Was he? Harry thought as he clenched his teeth and held back an urge to kick Malfoy's arse. The vision of the scenario was comforting, though.

"Well most of my family have been in Gryffindor,"Harry said "but ravenclaw sounds nice."

"Same here!" Ron exclaimed "we have so much in common."

"Well I think I will be in ravenclaw 'cause I'm very intelligent but Gryffindor sounds cooler ." Hermione said "and by the way can any of you do spells?" 

"No" Harry said genuinely.

"My brother Fred taught  me a spell." Ron said proudly.

"Then do it."

Ron foolishly waved his wand and said, "Sunshine daises butter mellow , Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow"

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" Hermione asked unimpressed.

"Do it if you think you're so good" Ron challenged.

Hermione dropped a glass on the floor, the glass shattered , she said 'Olculolus repairto' and the glass flew back to position. Ron scowled at her.

"Now if you both excuse me I've got to change and you both should as well we're about to reach Hogwarts."

"I don't care which house I'm in but I hope we're together." Harry said "I don't know anyone except you."

"So do I but I also hope we're not in the same house Granger is in."

Harry and Ron got changed into their robes and were ready to leave the train. The train came to a halt. They were finally at Hogwarts.

XXX