Gryffindor versus Slytherin

Two weeks. Two freakin weeks. And Harry didn't have a date till now. The Ball's in a month, AND now y'all would say that "A whole Month right, what's the big deal??". But no, it delays like this, a day, then two, a week and a month, and then he would end up with no date, or hiding under his four poster bed like a loser and then y'all would say, "Harry Potter , the guy who defeated a dragon, didn't have  any freaking courage or idea who to take as his date." 

He tried to push these obnoxious thoughts away, as he headed to the quidditch pitch, with Ron, Hermione and the S.P.C., for Bonnie was with her friends, Luna and Padma. Today was the first match, Gryffindor versus Slytherin. After Longbottom kicked the whole quidditch team out of the quidditch team, he formed his own team filled with people who worshipped him, did his homework for him or hexed his enemies on the corridor, captained by Longbottom himself. So y'all can picture what the team was like.

The group of seven debate on how the match would go. With Harry and Ron clinging on to the tiniest bit of hope that they might do good,  Fred, George and Daniel telling that the team was a bunch of baboons who would make fools out of themselves, Lee who had to stay neutral whether he liked it or not, for he was the commenter, and Hermione, who had no idea what to say. 

'There's no hope.' George whined. 

'C'mon, we haven't eve seen them play.' Harry retorted. 

'Yeah, they're totally gonna ace this after two days of practice, little brother.' Daniel said sarcastically.

'Don't call me that. After March 30, we'll both be fifteen until June.' Harry said, puffing his chest out. 

'Shut up, I'm still older by nine months.' Daniel fussed. 

'You two idiots really think you're helping with your "I'm the older one" debate? ' Fred retorted.

'Not like y'all fighting is gonna make Gryffindor win.' Lee reasoned. 

'You guys judge too fast, what if they're actually good?' Ron questioned. 

'In YoUr DReeeeeeeeAMS!!' Fred and George said in a singsong manner. 

'Well, you picked your side. and I picked mine. So , Lee, where are you?' Harry asked.

'I'm the commenter, I can't pick sides.' Lee reasoned.

'Hermione?' Ron asked, turning towards her. 

'I have no idea.' She shook her head. 

They kept on debating, till Hermione snapped at them to man up, and stop fussing like five year olds. They remained silent after that, aster which the S.P.C. and they parted ways. They heard as many other people like them debated on how the new team would play. Many of them thought that Longbottom's team will be good, for who doesn't like Neville Longbottom? He and Ron wanted to believe that Longbottom's team was  good, for he couldn't stand the idea of Gryffindor being humiliated as a house, and that to, in front of Slytherin, and giving them the satisfaction. They walked on the grassy land to the pitch, when he saw Ron and Hermione, sharing glances of each other. Harry slowed down his pace and was now behind them, when Hermione pecked Ron's cheek, and Ron pulled her towards him and snogged her. They were in a crowded area. Harry came fourth and politely asked them to tone it down, at which they turned tomato red. He felt left out, again. It was like they were a part of something he never was, is or ever will be. Maybe part of the reason he feels like crap for not getting a date is because his friend had one and he didn't. 

By the time he pushed these thoughts away, they had already reached the enormous quidditch pitch. It had been one of the rare occasions when Harry actually got a chance to watch the game, and not be in it. Another painful remainder of that one time he got kicked out of the team. This day is just messed up man, he thought. He took a seat on one of the seats in the gigantic stadium in between Ron and Hermione, who didn't know what to expect. They might be the only pessimists there, for everyone in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw held banners that said, "All the best Neville, we know you will win!!!!"The previous Gryffindor team hadn't gotten half of this support.   

He looked at the empty pitch, when he heard Lee's voice over the speaker;
'Welcome teachers and folks of all houses! Today you witness the first quidditch match of this academic year at Hogwarts. First we welcome both our teams, Gryffindor and Slytherin to the pitch!' 
Soon enough, Players wearing red and green emerge from opposite directions, as if they were going to fight a battle. Madam Hooch stood in the middle of the pitch, gave them the instructions. Both captains shook  hands, or rather held them tightly and gave a jerked each other's hand. Competition and doubt hung in the air, when finally, Madame Hooch blew her whistle and all the players took off on their brooms.