Quidditch

Fast forwarding....
Harry got a reply from his dad congratulating him for making it to Gryffindor, consoled him about Snape and told it was unpleasant but not unexpected which he really didn't understand. He and Ron had become inseperable friends .His daily life was pretty much normal , his classes were great . The nosy Hermione's showoff didn't reduce a bit but she wasn't mean or anything. There was a lot of pranking on behalf of Daniel and his friends Fred ,George and Lee. Longbottom and his friends were torture to him and Ron . They did not get along well whatsoever. Occasionally , Longbottom would shoot spells at them , fall in trouble and blame them. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle weren't less either. Longbottom was in their house and there was no escape from him so they were glad that they only had portions with the Slytherins until next Wednesday .
There was a notice in the Gryffindor common room about the quidditch tryouts and lesson for first years and it was Gryffindor with Slytherin.
"Exactly what we needed" , Harry thought.
"You're right" Ron said .

"Did I say that out loud???"

"Yes, you did."

"Flying lessons were supposed to be fun Ron ..."Harry trailed off.

"Flying lessons are fun but not with the Slytherins"

"You're right. "
Ron and Harry set off to the great hall and for the first time had finally got there without getting lost.
"It's going to be okay, mate " Ron said stuffing treacle tart into his mouth. Then there was a hissing sound from below the table.
"Ron, your wand " , Fred begun, " light, smoke , fire! " He said cautiosly.
Ron jumped and looked around . Nothing. He turned towards Fred and his toast leaped towards his face.
"Not funny". Ron said.
"My newest creation the toady-toast" George said bragging.
"Technically , I made it , GEORGIE" Daniel whispered.
"Chill Danielle ." He said tapping Daniel's shoulder.
"You people seriously call each other that ? "Harry inquired.
"Now that's funny." Ron said grinning.

It was time for flying lessons. Harry and Ron reached the pitch 10 minutes early than they should have. The piece of land where they were going to practice was near Hagrid's hut.
"Hi Hagrid ". Harry and Ron said brightly.
"Hiya Harry, hiya Ron . I hope yeh are not a' notorious as yer brothers . I had to chase 'em all year to keep them away from the forbidden forest." Hagrid said. Both of them started laughing .
"Will ya both come to my hut tis' evening after class, eh?? " He asked.
"Sure."

Then they saw the nosy Hermione come towards them .
"Oh no, no ,no....." Ron whispered.
"Hi , do any of you know how to fly???" She asked." I don't know anything about flying, so I read a book called quidditch through the ages for some help...."
"It might not be of much help." Harry said.
"Ha! That's something she can't learn from books ! " Ron whispered , excited.
Students slowly started gathering and their Madam Hooch came around.
" Ok, let's start this class. I want you to listen 👂 to my instructions carefully. All of you take a broom from the broom shed , keep it on your right side and say 'UP'."
The students did as instructed. They took the brooms and said 'UP' . For many of them including Harry and Ron the broom flew upto their hand . Hermione's broom merely moved on the ground . Longbottom was struggling hard.
"UP !UP! UP!!!" He screeched. "This broom is broke it doesn't fly, they should teach us with a Nimbus 2000 or any other high quality broom.
"Try commanding the broom with a bit confidence and respect." She said putting emphasis on respect as she shot a look at Longbottom.
Most of the students got it after following Madam Hooch's effective advice, Hermione breathed a "thank god" and everybody had done ✅ it except Longbottom.
"Ok you silly , house cleaning thing , if you think you're better than me , the boy who lived, the Chosen one, then kindly rise your butt off the ground and UUUUPPPPPPPP!!!"
The broom flew right up and smacked Longbottom's face. All the first years roared with laughter . Even the game keeper Hagrid started to laugh like a dragon 🐉 throwing flames into the air. Harry and Ron were enjoying this more than they imagined, Longbottom tortured them and now he was humiliated.
"AAAAAAAAAAAHH" He screamed in frustration.When the laughter died down , Madam Hooch continued.
"Now , now first years mount your brooms and kick your feet off the ground, fly and land on my command . On my count , one , two thr-". Before she could finish , Seamus Finaginn kicked off the ground and flew higher and higher.
"Mr Finaginn, Mr Finaginn, come back here!!" Madam Hooch screeched.
"I think he doesn't know how to, professor" ,Dean Thomas said. Meanwhile Seamus yelled for help and cried which really didn't help as he flew higher and higher .He took a sharp turn downward and was speeding towards the ground. When he was six inches from breaking half his bones he took a sharp turn to the right and crashed against a tree in the flying lawn. Seamus's rememball his mother gave him fell out of his pocket. Madam Hooch rushed towards him.
"Oh boy, poor kid , a broken wrist , that's all. Let's go to the hospital wing . " She looked at the other students and said" I am taking Mr. Finaginn to the hospital wing. Now if anyone flew their broom when not in my supervision will be expelled from Hogwarts before they can say 'Quidditch'" she said leaving the students. Then Malfoy came upto the tree where Seamus's rememball fell. Harry and Ron had completely forgotten about the Malfoy boy.
"If I give this thing a squeeze , then he will never forget that he fell on his butt infront of everyone ." Malfoy said laughing madly.
"You won't" . Longbottom stepped in and he has done something right for the first time since he stepped foot in Hogwarts.
"What did you say Longbottom? " Malfoy asked his eyes glinting with malevolence.

"I said you won't do it. "
"Finally! He has done something right in his life . The tables have turned" . Ron whispered.

"Why so , Longbottom?

"Because I will squeeze that rememball." Longbottom said calmly.
"Wow,and now the tables are back on their legs." Harry whispered.

"Ha - ha , You're right"

"I was serious ."
And he really was. He just couldn't believe someone could be so sarcastic . He and Longbottom had heard how important it was for Seamus but he was unaffected. He didn't care a bit.
"Give it back here." Harry told Malfoy and Longbottom.
"Come and get it , Potter ." Malfoy said
Then Malfoy mounted his broom and started flying.
"WHAT HAPPENED, POTTER ? A BIT OUT OF YOUR REACH ? OH NOW WHERE SHOULD I PUT THIS STUPID THING , ON THE ROOF?? "Malfoy asked.
Harry took his broom . He was about to fly and get hold of Malfoy. But Hermione stepped in.
"Harry, no" she said firmly.
"SCARED, POTTER?? " Malfoy shouted from above.
"Hermione, leave me. I've been putting up with this whim of his for a long time. It's time he learnt a lesson." Harry retorted back. 
He flew towards Malfoy and said , "Give it here Malfoy or I'll knock you off the broom. "
He jerked Malfoy's broom and almost made him fall.
"You think you're that thick Potter? Fine, I'll throw this rememball."
Malfoy threw the rememball . Harry shove him aside and swiftly flew towards the steadily falling rememball . As he flew, he could feel  the air ruffling his hair thought this broom wasn't as swift as Daniel's it was an equally pleasent feeling. He flew steadily towards the falling rememball heading for the ground which was now  five feet , four feet, three feet , two feet and .....WHAM!  Just in time Harry caught the rememball which was now in his clutches. Seamus's friend Dean emerged from the crowd , muttered a thanks and took the rememball . Then  he heard;
"Harry Potter, come with me."
It was professor McGonagall.
He was as cold as ice. He had disobeyed a teacher. He got himself into trouble. As he walked with professor McGonagall down the halls, he tried to talk but his voice was reluctant to come out. She escorted him to a classroom and asked professor Quirrel if he could borrow  Oliver Smith.
Now he wasn't scared , he was doubtful. Oliver Smith??? He knows the guy well, Oliver is his neighbour and his sister in his year is his friend.(no one knows they are friends)

"Smith, I have found our  new seeker" professor McGonagall said with a wide smile on her face.
"Potter, this is Oliver Smith, the Gryffindor Quidditch team captain. Now you are going to be the new seeker for Gryffindor. Even though first years aren't allowed to join the team we can bend the rules for one , it won't do any harm, rather you want me to rethink my decision and punish you instead?" She asked .
"I would love to join in." Harry replied.
"Now the team's complete. With some training I will whip him into shape for the coming match. After what you've said professor, I think Gryffindor is gonna win this year." Oliver said winking at Harry which made him smile.
---------------------------------------------------------