Two: Tattoo Me

Lana's P.O.V.

As I sketch out my idea on paper Aaron wakes up and smiles a little.

"What'cha drawing there Lana?" He asks blinking sleep out of his baby blue eyes.

"Our new tattoo." I reply ginning cheekily.

"Oh Lana come on. You're really gonna get a tattoo?" He asks.

Aaron has never really been a fan of the whole tattoo thing. That's what has been keeping me from getting one, but under the circumstance I feel he will let this one slide.

"Well yeah. So are you. I know you don't want one but I think you won't object to these. And don't worry you don't have to go anywhere, my uncles an amazing free hand artist and he's gonna come do them for free." I add.

Aaron gives me a look. "You're crazy." he says.

"You know it!" I say as my phone vibrates. Glancing down to a text from my uncle. "He's here! I'll be right back I'm gonna go get him." I say.

"Don't be too long..." he whispers.

I kiss his bald head before leaving the room. I let a few tears go. But I keep them back mostly. Aaron doesn't have family, his parents abandoned him when he was 16 and by that time me and him were really close, so I convinced my mom to pay rent on an apartment for him. And we've been taking care of him ever since.

I catch sight of my uncle and run to hug him. "You sure about this?" He asks.

"He's not gonna break! Don't worry." I say absentmindely before turning to make my way back up stairs to Aarons room.

"Whatever you say." He whispers following me. I can hear the doubt in his voice, but he doesn't know Aaron like me.

I burst through Aarons room door with my uncle trailing behind me and smile as I see Aaron observing my light hand writing on my sketch pad.

"You're right Lana. I want this." He says holding up it up.

"I told you so!" I say grabbing my sketchpad from him and throwing it in my bag in the corner.

"Come on Lana, I'll start with you." My uncle says getting his needle ready.

"Alright!" I say settling myself on the side of Aarons bed, holding his hand in case it hurts to much.

"What is it you wanted it to say?" He asks.

"Mine's going to say 'Always', with a little heart at the end." I say.

"Alright here we go!" And he takes my left hand and starts.

The pain isn't too bad, it's kinda just a constant stinging. I let my mind wander as he lightly writes out my tattoo in a cursive font, I think of all the meaning this word holds to me. More than anyone will ever really know. It signifies that even after everything that me and Aaron have been through we always have each other. Like his parents leaving, or my dad...

"Alright, done!" My uncle says, stepping away to get a needle ready for Aaron, and tearing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh woah! I love it thanks." I say standing up from Aarons side to stretch a little.

He smiles and takes Aarons right hand. "What's is supposed to say?" He asks me.

"Put 'Promise' with a question mark." I reply. And he starts.

"You know I thought this would hurt a lot more." Aaron laughs.

I watch as my uncle intricately tattoos the small word onto Aarons finger. That word meaning so much to us also. We've been promising each other things for ages. Never knowing when we will actually go through, or keep up with them, but still holding them in the backs of our minds, and in a special place in our hearts. Aaron's constant asking of "Promise?" brings us to my infinite use of "Always." Which leads us to our tattoos.