Sixteen: New Years Eve

Lana's P.O.V.

---One Day Later---

We sat around the hospital all day just playing random games and laughing and having fun. It was a special day and I got released early because I was doing so well. Lou had kept his promise to Harry and brought mine and Niall's luggage so I finally had my own clothes back.

"Elllllll!!!!!! I need your help deciding what to wear into Times Square tonight!" I shout while plopping down onto the hotel room couch and checking the time.

"Lana! We've got to help each other here! I still don't know what I'm wearing! And my hair isn't cooperating at all!" El yells back from the other room. She comes stomping out in yoga pants and one of Lou's sweatshirts, with her hair in an extremely messy bun. 

I laugh at the look on her face and she smiles while grabbing two the cups of tea that Niall and Louis left for us with notes taped to their sides, and brings one over to me.

"We are total messes." El says, sighing and taking a sip of her tea and opening her note.

I nod and take a sip of mine. "Wouldn't want it any other way." I mutter pulling my note off the side of my cup and opening it.

Lana-

Louis and I have decided to wait to see you both untiil tonight. We want everything to be special. We are just down the hall in Harry's room if you need anything. I hate being away from you, every second I spend away from your beautiful face is to long. I can't wait to see  you tonight, and I even have a surprise for you love.

I love you so much.

-Niall

"Now come on we've only got 4 more hours!" I say smiling and grabbing El's hand and pulling her into my room where we have laid out all of our clothes. 

And I mean all of them. Niall only grabbed everything that I brought with me to Mullingar. And El packed a few select outfits and half of her closet. I scan the bed where my clothes are spread out and my eyes land in my dress from my first date with Niall. I smile at the memory and pick up the dress.

"No way. You aren't wearing the same dress as your first date! I will allow those leggings that you wore with it though. Just not the dress!" El yells at me. 

I give her a death stare and swap out the dress for the leggings, then shed my sweats and pull them on. I scan El's clothes quickly and my eye catches a turquoise dress. 

"Where have you been hiding this?!" I shout at her. 

"In my closet. Put it on!" She says. 

I quickly shed Niall's old Abercrombie and Fitch sweatshirt and tug the form fitting dress over my head. I hear El gasp as I situate the dress across my body. 

"If you do not wear this tonight I will kill you." She whispers, with a smile playing on her lips. 

"Why? Come on I can't look that goo- Woah." I stop short as El tugs me into view of the full length mirror in the room. 

The silver leggings hug my legs similarly to the way they did on the night of our first date. But the dress is perfect. It makes every curve of my body stand out and the black belt that El places around my waist pulls all of the dress together. 

"You are a godess." El says laughing. 

"Thanks. Now. Let's get you looking irresistible." I say turning around to face my bed again.